anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: any Canary Islands streams?  (Read 3020 times)

mcwito

any Canary Islands streams?
« on: June 16, 2011, 10:20:50 PM »
I'm in doubt if purchase radarbox or just subscribe to 1 year of network.

I live on a 2nd floor building (total of 3 floors)

I'm near some other buildings... and I can't put any antenna on the roof.

so I dont know if whit default antenna I could get some traffic (min. 100 kilometers)

two doubts:

1- Can I receive a good traffic around 80-100 km??

2- if I finally decide to subscribe to 1 year network... FIRST OF ALL I need to know is there are some broadcasters displaying traffic over Canary Islands.

Please add here some screenshots of Canary Islands traffic.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: any Canary Islands streams?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 01:06:21 PM »
Hi mcwito, there are occasionally some returns from Canary Islands, but not any extensive coverage unfortunately (we visit Fuerte and not seen anything from there). If you're reasonably high and have reasonably clear views, you'll get 80 - 100 kms with standard antenna (I get 250 - 275nm which is 440 - 480km, with standard antenna at 200' asl with clear horizon over Atlantic to my west) but if you have any sea views, you'll get considerably further.   You need to have a RadarBox connected to your PC to access the network, and it comes with 12 months delayed network.  HTH Jon
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!