anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anomolies  (Read 12091 times)

bearcat

Re: Anomolies
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 07:49:19 PM »
FD 7.5 displays the route on it's own screen. I then manually input it into the Routes database for it to be displayed next time the flight is picked up. I might be wrong but I don't think this version will write direct to the database.

bratters

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 08:09:57 PM »
Thanks for that bearcat. From what you say it sounds as if, FD7 notwithstanding, Radarbox users will continue to be split between those who can manually input data and those who can't. Put another way, those who have reasonably accurate onscreen information and those (the majority) who have a screenful of mystery flights and dubious aircraft data.

I can't see how much longer this situation can continue. Users like Michael (who started the thread) and new buyers in particular will start screaming that the product is just not doing what it says on the tin.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 08:33:45 PM »
From what you say it sounds as if, FD7 notwithstanding, Radarbox users will continue to be split between those who can manually input data and those who can't.

But that's using the SBS1/Planeplotter version of FD7.  I'm beta testing a version specifically designed to work with Radarbox.  The intention is that it will auto-populate the routes table for all flights received locally, so that the correct routes are displayed in Radarbox.

bratters

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »
Tarbat - that sounds like great news, almost too good to be true in the context of this problem.

I won't push you for a timescale (too many "cheques in the post" already) but if you advise hanging on to my box for a wee while longer, I'll take your advice.

Great stuff.

John

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 10:15:07 PM »
Tarbat - that sounds like great news, almost too good to be true in the context of this problem.

I won't push you for a timescale (too many "cheques in the post" already) but if you advise hanging on to my box for a wee while longer, I'll take your advice.

Yes, the timescales aren't down to me anyway, they're down to the author of FD7, but I believe he's making good progress.

vassylad

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 08:14:40 AM »
Hi guys may I say a big thank you for all your replies, they are both interesting and a little sceptical, there are lots of if's and but's but no real explanations to my question.

I really hope that FD 7.5 appears on the market sooner rather than later, I for one am becoming very disillusioned with how AirNav seems to spend thousand of pounds on developent with RB 3D but something as simple as a correct routing added to their database seems light years away.

Michael
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:17:15 AM by vassylad »

Runway 31

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 08:25:20 AM »
Not defending them but I think that Airnav have also spent a few bob on this aspect as well and it doesnt seem to have been money well spent, at this stage.

Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 12:45:11 PM »
I think that's very unfair vassylad and others, have you forgotten our link up with Flight Stats (which is also google's flight tracking provider choice). A large amount of investment has gone into that as well as the algorithm to try and deduce routes from the network.

The reality is here there isn't one magical source where we can get the entire worlds route data. We can do our best by joining other companies but even they cannot provide us the worlds data and you would still run into issues with alphanumeric routes.

We cannot go down the route like FD7 does as what FD7 by polling other websites is on dodgy ground and we would get in trouble.

We would intrested to know what you think should be our next move? As this is not a simple fix issue.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

TEDDYBEAR

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 01:41:10 PM »
Alan
Thanks for the reply re AE0443/AE0446.
I am now even more confused. I deleted AE0443 (00-9001) from my database but now it is shown over New Hampshire at 9,000 ft.

Bryan

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 01:58:32 PM »
Bryan,

As I said it is in the original database provided with the system and may well be the registration in question.  While the hex AE0443 equates to 00-9011, no other details re the frame have been confirmed from any source as can been seen from the wrong c/n details given which belong to another aircraft, AE0446.

Alan
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:00:34 PM by Runway 31 »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 02:32:55 PM »
It is well known that the problem with less than 1% of flight routings shown is due to the client/server synchronization (old routes remain on the client application for too much time).

Unlike any other system on the market AirNav Systems has a contract with flightstats.com to provide accurate real-time flight routing information to feed the RadarBox software.

This problem as well a few other minor problems are already listed on our to-do list and will be addressed as soon as AirNav ShipTrax is released, which will happen in no more than 2/3 months.