AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Validation Query ?  (Read 10806 times)

Northern Watch

Re: Database Validation Query ?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 11:24:45 AM »
Hi Chris,

Please can you explain how you are deleting the photos, is it by going in to programme files until you get to Data/photos or can they be accessed through some other way.

Keith

bratters

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 11:30:38 AM »
If it's any help Keith, I simply moved the existing folder to a different location and the let the things take their course.

Didn't take long for a new folder to self-start and get up to speed.  Having satisfied myself all was working well, I have now deleted the old folder.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 11:31:45 AM »
Keith

Another way of getting to the photos folder is to open MyLog, click on the All Photos tab at the top, then click the Explore Photo Folder button.

HTH

Rod
Rod

ACW367

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 11:36:54 AM »
Hi Chris,

Please can you explain how you are deleting the photos, is it by going in to programme files until you get to Data/photos or can they be accessed through some other way.

Keith

Yes it is a deletion of the thumbnail picture in the data/photo folder which is a JPG file named by aircraft registration.  This will cause your system to re-search Airliners.Net for a replacement photo (which may well be exactly the same as the one you just deleted).  At the same time this also forces your system to interrogate the updaters database, resulting in the information for this aircraft changing with the data we have updated.  Us updaters recommend currently you are selective with the photos you delete, because you will also get the corruption to the ICAO code, which has been well documented and which Airnav are investigating.

Northern Watch

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 11:45:58 AM »
Bratters, Rod, ACW367,

Thanks guys for the speedy response. I have done a lot of updating myself and until the ICAO code problem is resolved I will be selective on what photos I delete.

Once again thanks for the valuable information.

Keith

ACW367

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 11:52:57 AM »
Some fleets that have undergone major changes and standardisation and which we recommend refreshing to get up to date information.

All aircraft for bmi, Continental Airlines, Northwest Airlines FedEx Express and all their regional partners.  Also any regional aircraft with JAL, ANA feeder companies and any that currently show as Delta Airlines instead of Delta Air Lines.

Northern Watch

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 12:42:37 PM »
ACW367

When you say "refreshing to get up to date information" what is the best way of doing this?

Keith

ACW367

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »
ACW367

When you say "refreshing to get up to date information" what is the best way of doing this?

Keith

By deleting any photos from the file as and then clicking on airframes from those companies as you see them on the network or myflights.  There is no way to bulk trigger the transfer of new data, it can only be done as aircraft appear on your box.

Regards
ACW367

flybhx

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 11:34:58 PM »
OK I'm officially confused. If I click on an empty space for a new mode s code it doesn't appear in the table. I don't use photos at all. How come the frame isn't populating?

I have Real Time Network access, so when a new aircraft appears with just Mode S code , I click on empty space ,  and aircraft details and photo appears.

Regards

Phil

Chris11

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 06:42:48 AM »
Hi Chris,

Keith
Apologies for late reply but I was out of town. I have Win 7. Windows explorer has a handy little search window in the top left so I keep Windows explorer open in the data/photo directory. When I want a refresh I right click the registration and select "Copy selected field into clipboard". I then go to explorer and paste into the search window which brings up the pictures that need to be deleted.

ACW367

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 11:53:05 PM »

I have Real Time Network access, so when a new aircraft appears with just Mode S code , I click on empty space ,  and aircraft details and photo appears.

Regards

Phil

OK I'm officially confused. If I click on an empty space for a new mode s code it doesn't appear in the table. I don't use photos at all. How come the frame isn't populating?

Sorry FlyBHX
Not sure how the system works when you don't request photos. 
Airnav Support - Any suggestions???

Runway 31

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 08:29:13 AM »
I shouldnt imagine that having photgraphs or not would make any difference otherwise new aircraft on delivery where no photograph exists wouldnt populate.

If the data exists on the server for the aircraft in question it should popoulate where no data is held by the user.  If some data is held on the users database no update is done to avoid over writting of the data held and a manual update is required.

If an aircraft shows with hex only and doesnt populate, the data isnt in the server and an update is required.

Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 08:57:03 AM »
If you don't have photos on, it won't check the online database if the Mode-S Hex code is in the local database.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Northern Watch

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 10:00:34 AM »
Chris11, ACW367

Thanks for you replies, sorry I could not get back straight away. I have tried deleting a small quantity of photos and will try and re-populate once my grandaughter lets me have some free time.

Rgds

Keith

BadWolf

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 01:36:11 AM »
Just as an aside, I have found that Firefox's SQLite manager add-on is a handy tool to update entried in my local db. It allows editing of all the entries in an aircraft listing before updating.