anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Missing tracking information  (Read 3154 times)

Bounty

• Jerry's Radio & Weather pages
Missing tracking information
« on: October 04, 2010, 02:24:15 PM »
Hi Guys

Living in the Channel Islands I have an interest in FLYBE and Aurigny airlines aircraft.
Here is the question although I see the aircraft on the list at the left there is no tracking info and nothing on the radar screen.
Are these planes equiped with the right kit only some of them are brand new.
Also it is not that I can't see them at low altitude as the problem persists at over 10000 feet
Any ideas would be helpful.
Regards
Bounty

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Missing tracking information
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:28:11 PM »
Living in the Channel Islands I have an interest in FLYBE and Aurigny airlines aircraft.
Here is the question although I see the aircraft on the list at the left there is no tracking info and nothing on the radar screen.
Are these planes equiped with the right kit only some of them are brand new.
Also it is not that I can't see them at low altitude as the problem persists at over 10000 feet
Any ideas would be helpful.

Most turboprops and regional jets don't have ADS-B as it's not yet mandatory.  That's where the tracking information comes from.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 05:34:43 PM »
Same for me in North Devon, but when the route info is sorted it will be better. :-)
SkyBus, Air Southwest, Eastern, Etc.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 05:57:51 PM »
I should add that the above-mentioned aircraft do normally transmit EHS parameters including track, heading, groundspeed, airspeed and vertical rate which, with a bit of work, can be decoded (though not, alas, from RadarBox) to give at least some indication of what an aircraft is doing.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour