anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anymore Delevelopment With The Shiptrax?  (Read 27883 times)

Johnn

• Y'ello
Anymore Delevelopment With The Shiptrax?
« on: September 15, 2010, 10:22:52 AM »
Thanks John
Johnn -

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Anymore Delevelopment With The Shiptrax?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 01:08:54 PM »
In the absence of a response from Airnav.
As a beta tester the only update I can offer is that I'm still running the same beta released to me back in September 2009.  Whilst it has ran flawlessly every day for a whole year now, logging over 3,800 ships, I've seen nothing to fix the bugs.

It's very frustrating to see such an excellent piece of software apparently going nowhere.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:56:33 PM »
A lot of progress has been made and we are waiting for 5 similar hardware samples to come from the factory and start the final HW test stage. The final and almost approved unit has been running non-stop for 3 weeks without a single problem and receiving 125% more messages than a SR162 AIS receiver.

This has been an extremelly hard project for us especially because it is the first dual band AIS receiver with 3 simultaneous output (Serial, Ethernet, USB). We hope it to have the same success for the Shipping Industry as RadarBox is having for aviation - both were released (ANSH will be) on a market where the competitors used to dominate 100% but after a few months our market share grows - after a few years we hope to, like RadarBox, set the standards and dominate the market.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 07:21:38 AM »
So, good progress on the hardware.  But has there been any further development of the software to fix the bugs?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 02:41:44 PM »
The software is 95% finished. We have implemented the (difficult) ShipTrax network which has much more ships that the RadarBox network. All is working Ok now. Stby for further news as we will contact all the beta testers again soon.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 03:11:50 PM »
Thanks for the update Airnav.  Ready and waiting to beta test using my virtual hardware (sp2trax) ;)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:14:49 PM by tarbat »

Johnn

• Y'ello
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »
Many Thanks for the update airnav
Johnn-
Johnn -

flightinair

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 02:47:11 PM »
i will look forward to it, many thanks for the udate

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »
and receiving 125% more messages than a SR162 AIS receiver.

Hi AN Dev., living on top of the cliffs in the sw of Cornwall, I've got the Western Approaches before me (yes, I know, someone's got to live here!) so the Shiptrax version is of some considerable interest to me.

Referring to your quote above, can you clarify whether you actually mean the Shiptrax is receiving 125% more or it is picking up the same plus 25% - to expand/explain just what I mean, if the SR162 is picking up 4 messages, is Shiptrax picking up 5 (ie 125%) or 9 (125% more) messages?   A very important difference, I think you will agree.

I hope this doesn't come across as nit-picking, but the english language is a fickle friend - you often hear/read of scientists these days making statements, saying like "25 times less" or "70 fold less", which are nonsense grammatically.     Unless you're dealing with fractions/decimals of less than 1, no figure times another is going to be less than you started with.   Mathematically "times" means multiplying which infers increasing and larger, not smaller, division results in smaller products.....................

If, indeed you do mean 125% more, this is a fantastic progression and  improvement, but only if it is quantifiable under the same conditions and consistent - I would be willing to trial a Shiptrax if there's one going begging!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:52:56 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 06:37:52 PM »
During the tests we ran for each 100 msgs received by SR162 we got and average of 125 (in similar conditions).

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 07:32:54 PM »
Hi AN Dev, many thanks for the very prompt clarification - as you appreciate there's quite a difference.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

jannuh

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 01:58:35 PM »

This has been an extremelly hard project for us especially because it is the first dual band AIS receiver with 3 simultaneous output (Serial, Ethernet, USB).
As nearly every week now a new AIS receiver comes on the market there are more receivers with Serial/USB/Ethernet

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 03:11:40 PM »
Shiptrax is not only a receiver but a complete tracking system that includes software, hardware and an AIS network.
The more competitors the better: after all when we first released RadarBox our competitors had 100% of the market and because of the technology superiority RadarBox is now the market leader.
The same will happen to ShipTrax.

Johnn

• Y'ello
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »
Will the AIS network be live? I guess there is no securtity issue with ships as there is with planes?
Thanks
Johnn -

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 10:10:51 PM »
The ShipTrax AIS network will be live.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:08:58 PM by AirNav Development »