anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network traffic suspended after a year  (Read 22076 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Network traffic suspended after a year
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 05:17:39 PM »
The difference is that if you provide raw data to PP you pay zilch for the network.

Irrelevant in a Radarbox forum - unless you've found a way of getting raw data from a Radarbox?  And you still have to pay €25+vat for PP.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 05:23:02 PM »
Irrelevant in a Radarbox forum - unless you've found a way of getting raw data from a Radarbox?  And you still have to pay €25+vat for PP.

How is it irrelevant?. You are discussing the matter of the principle of paying for a network whilst providing data to the network. RB users are providing data to the ANRB network and paying to use the same network. PP users don't. Simples!

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 05:29:25 PM »
How is it irrelevant?.

It's irrelevant because you were talking about the fact that "if you provide raw data to PP you pay zilch for the network".  The issue of providing raw data to PP is irrelevant in a Radarbox forum.  If you don't provide raw data, then you can pay the annual MLAT fee.

If you've now moved onto a different point, then I won't disagree with you, PP offers access to a sharing network for a one-off fee, but that sharing service can be removed at any time, without any refund being offered.  Airnav offer a network sharing service for a month/annual fee.  So we all have a choice, which muse be good.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:36:28 PM by tarbat »

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »

It's irrelevant because you were talking about the fact that "if you provide raw data to PP you pay zilch for the network".  The issue of providing raw data to PP is irrelevant in a Radarbox forum.

If you've now moved onto a different point, then I won't disagree with you, PP offers access to a sharing network for a one-off fee, but that sharing service can be removed at any time, without any refund being offered.

And how often is the ANRB network unavailable with without any refund being offered? All the complainants on here have made the same point, having to pay for a service which they get no reduction for if they subscribe data to it.

And I'll tell you something for nothing, Tarbat; the PlanePlotter network is never going to be withdrawn because it is the only one that allows users to track non-ADSB aircraft and if BEV were to think of giving up there would be enough people willing to raise the money to buy it from him.

Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 05:45:27 PM »
All the complainants on here have made the same point, having to pay for a service which they get no reduction for if they subscribe data to it.

You don't have to pay - it's a choice.  If that means that Airnav can provide FREE aircraft registrations details, aircraft photos, routes, weather, etc. by charging for the network service, then I'm happy.

Sure, I'd like to have a cheaper network, or the option of a pay-per-view type service, but I would guess that as long as enough people are willing to pay the annual fee, then why would Airnav want to reduce their income stream.

You knew what the deal was when you bought your Radarbox - Airnav don't hide the fact that network sharing is expensive.  If you don't like it, vote with your feet and don't pay.  Simples.....

..... if BEV were to think of giving up there would be enough people willing to raise the money to buy it from him.

...... and still provide a free service?!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:57:58 PM by tarbat »

Runway 31

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 06:07:30 PM »
Thats the crux of the matter Chris, all users are free to do as they please.  If they dont think the network provides good value for money they are free to go elsewhere to get the service.

You pay your money or not and make your choice, freedom to do what suits you and your pocket.

As far as I am concerned 2 euros or so a week is good value.  I get to see what is in my own area and if it pleases me I can see what I want in places of interest on the other side of the world.

Out of interest when was the network last down?

Alan

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 06:41:47 PM »

Out of interest when was the network last down?

Alan

August 3rd. Over 3 hours.

Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

Runway 31

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 06:50:03 PM »
Thanks didnt notice.  Bet you are glad you have a SBS1 that does not suffer from the problem of networks being down.

bratters

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2010, 07:24:25 PM »

And I'll tell you something for nothing, Tarbat; the PlanePlotter network is never going to be withdrawn because it is the only one that allows users to track non-ADSB aircraft and if BEV were to think of giving up there would be enough people willing to raise the money to buy it from him.

Hmm. Things might well change if, or shall we say when, the Airnav Mlat system comes out. If it works, I think the whole plane plotting market place will change.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2010, 08:10:41 PM »
Hmm. Things might well change if, or shall we say when, the Airnav Mlat system comes out. If it works, I think the whole plane plotting market place will change.

If AirNav manage to crack multilateration, and if we can all afford the cost of the new hardware which we now know will be required, then I agree it will be a whole new ball-game.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2010, 08:59:17 PM »
Thanks didnt notice.  Bet you are glad you have a SBS1 that does not suffer from the problem of networks being down.

I'm glad I have both ANRB and SBS-1 and the PlanePlotter network which is not down as often as the ANRB one. The fact that the PP one also supplies data for non-ADSB aircraft is a real bonus too as my main, but not exclusive, interest is in military aircraft.
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2010, 09:46:09 PM »
I'm glad I have both ANRB and SBS-1 and the PlanePlotter network which is not down as often as the ANRB one.

That's a very bold claim !!  So you don't remember when the PP network was down for hours on end earlier this year, and Bev wasn't even able to login from his travels to fix it.  All networks have downtime.......

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 10:17:59 PM »
Right lets get this back on to subject of the thread, before certain users try and use this thread for there own promotion/agenda which we have all heard before (always the same faces who appear on these threads)

The RadarBox network was the 1st network for ADS-B on the market and is used not only by aviation enthusiasts but also by Professionals. We do our best to get 99.9% up time and the majority of time we beat that.

We are respected company with links with aviation authorities across the world our systems are vetted for security. This is not the case with other services and hence they could disappear as have other addons for other products.

The network is also well subscribed now by customers and we get many who commend us on the service and network. We do our best to give you a network which is a best price as possible without affecting reliability, future additions and maintenance.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RobinB

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2010, 11:14:01 PM »
Could I ask what percentage of user base pay for sharing.

air7677

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2010, 11:37:02 PM »
I keep well away from the argument this time.

For there own promotion/agenda
Your learning airnav, well said sir.
S.F
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 11:43:51 PM by air7677 »