anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Autopopulate info / photos not working  (Read 6235 times)

EK01

Re: Autopopulate info / photos not working
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
AN,
Can confirm that the network is back on again and the autopopulate function is working. Not sure if this is a silly question or not but can you confirm if the autopopulate function only works for network flights and not 'My Flights'.

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 08:17:23 PM »
Updater now working OK as well.

Ian, it should also work for myflights as well.

Alan

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 06:50:28 AM »
The issue is related to the online database which is being repaired, this does take a few hours.

Apologies for the issues.

Hmmm, back to normal in more ways than one - my suggestion having sunk without trace or even acknowledgement ....

Personally, I'd have thought that monitoring your own server so that you could tell when it stops returning data before your users start to complain was a bit of a no-brainer.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

HH

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 07:08:07 AM »
Monitoring the server might be a good idea - but consider any network problems could also have other possible causes which are not in the responsibility of AirNav.

A good idea - which e.g. is used in the world of finance - is to give a server status in the status bar or elsewhere. Green = ok, yellow = problems, red = down. Maybe an mouseover which would give latency or connected server or whatever.

Just to float an idea.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 08:04:09 AM »
DaveReid,

Monitoring is in place, we have the status page and other internal pages. The issue why this wasn't caught earlier was that service for autopopulate wasn't actually down it was just returning errors to external requests but working fine internaly.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 08:50:32 AM »
Monitoring is in place, we have the status page and other internal pages. The issue why this wasn't caught earlier was that service for autopopulate wasn't actually down it was just returning errors to external requests but working fine internaly.

No problem.  If it's not possible to monitor when the server is returning null data, as it was doing yesterday and has done on previous occasions (as distinct from being down and not returning anything at all) then I can put an external monitor in place on my website which might pre-empt a few posts from confused users like yesterday's.

I'll post the URL when it's up and running.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

EK01

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 09:30:11 AM »
Updater now working OK as well.

Ian, it should also work for myflights as well.

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for that. Just wasn't sure about it working for 'My Flights' as it would appear that in this neck of the woods (Spain) some strange mode S codes keep regularly appearing eg 343553. Auto populate produced nothing but having checked both Airframes and Libhomeradar, they don't know either. The only information given is that it relates to Spain.

Ian

Edit: Mode S 342411 also just come on.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 09:57:12 AM by EK01 »

Runway 31

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 10:39:07 AM »
Ian

343553 may or may not be be a misscode as its not on Avdb and neither is 342411.  That doesnt mean that it doesnt refer to an aircraft just that nobody has noted the aircraft and what its code belongs too.  If real it will probably be a small one.

Please feel free to post unknowns on the thread for database updates and if I can get it I will post it on.

Alan

EK01

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 12:25:48 PM »
Cheers Alan,

Ian