AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ESD and Sawfilter problems  (Read 10775 times)

RobinB

Re: ESD and Sawfilter problems
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 08:21:23 PM »
I did

They asked me to contact them again in 1 week which I will do if I cannot resolve problem.

The only think that happened over the last week is we had some lightening on several days, one lot I managed to disconnect box before it got too strong the 2nd set of lightening came on us too quick to react.

Now reception is down around 50 %, I have the polar diagram form before and now.

Before I could see north africa all the time, now after a few days max plot is only half way.

I had hoped to go mobile to do another test with separate aerial, but not managed yet to find time.

I think I will be sending it to be checked out.But only after done second aerial check later this week.

73TORANA!

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »
Unfortunately ESD is not always related to storms  ,In many cases it can happen on a sunny day with a lot of wind ,any time you get particals rubbing together you can get ESD .But from what you say regarding the storms I would say you may be right.
One day I my radio shack I could hear buzzing then a crack sound, traced it to an antenna cable that was disconnected from a radio and believe it or not the crack sound was a spark jumping across the connector terminals and that was about 2 hour before a storm .

Good luck with you Radar box .
Geoff. 

EK01

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 09:42:07 AM »
Robin,
Looks as if you may have a problem due to the lightening.  The storms were pretty fierce.I switched my box off and disconnected the outside aerial. With the return to decent weather, I am still getting the coverage to North Africa as before (from a similar locality as yourself as you are aware). Why not give it until the weekend to see if the polar diagram comes back.

Ian