anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airnavsystems Service Problems - Beware to Others!  (Read 6444 times)

wxwarn

Airnavsystems Service Problems - Beware to Others!
« on: August 11, 2010, 12:18:36 AM »
AirNavSystems,

I returned my Radarbox to the UK, sent from the USA about 1 month ago, because it was not receiving any signals. I only received a hand-written repair order confirming but the writing was hard if not impossible to read. I have not received any emails yet.

Please look into Repair order 10670 sent to Waters & Stanton. You gave me their address to send it to.

I am not happy about this whole process and ask others reading this to really consider sending it back to the UK - you may never see it again!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Airnavsystems Service Problems - Beware to Others!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:42:39 AM »
Hi Sir,

Let us clarify a few items. If you purchase a RadarBox from a dealer and it has a problem with a month or so, you should send it back to the dealer who should be able to replace it for you.

If it has been more than a few months then our main European warehouse is where you need to send the RadarBox too. We do ask that if it is being sent that you send by recorded delivery. You should also contact us first and we provide you with the details.

Once it has been fixed or replaced you are sent information on your return box via email and it should get to you within 10 working days depending on where you are in the world.

We didn't understand "received a hand-written repair order".

We are sorry that we don't have other return centers around the world at the moment. This is something we are looking into, though as long as you have sent it recorded you will see it back to you fixed as soon as possible.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

larry.putman

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 02:19:51 PM »
Why doesn't Airnav have an exchange center in the USA where your office is located?
You could keep just a few units as replacement units here in the USA and have the European repair center repair/refurbish the unit and return it to the exchange center when it is repaired and that unit could then be used as the next replacement unit to be sent out!

Unless the RadarBoxes are failing in droves this exchange procedure would only require one non technical person that would receive the suspected non working unit send that out to Europe and send an exchange unit to the customer. This saves the customer a lot of grief and expense!

Many companies us this same procedure to keep their customer happy!

Larry

Southwest

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:39:19 PM »

If it has been more than a few months then our main European warehouse is where you need to send the RadarBox too. We do ask that if it is being sent that you send by recorded delivery. You should also contact us first and we provide you with the details.

In the UK you have a statutory 12 months gaurentee on this type of product.  My question is; if an ANRB goes pear shaped in the US and it needs to be sent to the European distributor, let's say 10 months after purchase (way outside the month or so where you suggest you contact the retailer who sold it to you), who picks up the shipping costs? 

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 03:53:45 PM »
Point noted Larry.

Southwest, Unfortunately the customer has to pay to ship it to us, we know this is not ideal at present if the repair center is on another contintent, we obviously pay the shipping costs back and our warranty period is 2 years on RadarBox.

For any SAW failures of early RadarBoxes we have a lifetime warraty for that failure.
[email protected]

Southwest

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 12:41:12 PM »
Is there any chance you will have a US service base any time soon?  I would imagine that the UK and the US must be your biggest markets.

Southwest

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 12:42:32 PM »
Sorry, meant to say Europe and US......having a bad day!

wxwarn

Airnavsystems Service Problems - The Verdict is IN!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 10:34:55 PM »
I just received my Radarbox back via registered US mail. Here is the good and bad - judge for yourself:

QUESTION FOR AIRNAV: What does Front End SAW mean?? That is what was wrong with my unit. I'm guessing it is the receiver that got hammered - have you redeisgned it so it doesn't go bad again?

GOOD:
- AirNav consistently answers questions and tries to help users in this forum
- They are trying to do the best for us
- Software has been bug-free at my home except for the hardware

BAD:
- Hardware seems too sensitive to ambient electrical signals - thinking this is what killed my unit - I had a unrelated UK-made interface device that had similar issues
- For a $500 + USD price, they should have a repair center in the US - I was nervous about shipping it half way around the world
- I received a letter in the mail confirming it was received at the UK plant about 2 weeks after I mailed it
- It took one month to get my unit back with NO email that it was being returned - it just showed up at my door!

Cheers!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 08:36:06 AM »
Hi Sir,

To answer your first question, SAW failures are related to

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2759.0

We apologise for the slow response to your RadarBox being return. Usually the service is much quicker and we will checking into why this was the case.

We do have posts on the forum which show a return time of only a few days at the repair center so we hope this case was just a one off.
[email protected]