anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2008 - New Version RELEASED  (Read 63328 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2008 - New Version RELEASED
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »
Ok, we will once again take a look at sharing issue and get a fix.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

steveb25

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 03:42:18 PM »
Thanks guys

That is sure a fast response. Apart from above with sharing the product is excellent. A credit to a fine team and superb service.

Thanks very much

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 03:46:32 PM »
I am having a similiar problem to Roadrunner. If I turn sharing off it seems to go back to normal speed, but with sharing on it stutters, and any action seems to take a long time. It has crashed (frozen) on me quite a few times and as Roadrunner says the only option is to close and restart.

I am using XP pro.

The only time I have had this problem in the past, is when my Internet connection has been on the blink.  I live a fair distance from the telephone exchange, and when the connection starts to drop out, then the problem occurs.

To test this, disconnect your PC from the internet, run RB and deselect "share data" and see if the problem still occurs.  Do run RB for an hour or so to see the results.

Peter

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 03:47:57 PM »
Same here as well using XP. I had to keep giving it the 3 fingered salute so decided that it was essential to close down with sharing disabled. I like the light coloured map screen with airfield labels turned on, re-starting with sharing turned off allows me to use the drop down menus for these selections without crashing it! Sharing can then be turned back on when it has settled down.

Peter

davis

• RANGE
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 04:46:42 PM »
Confirm to  record  my traffic must disable network?
 Confirm with 1.4 not possible edit fix point????
 Everything else is OK for now

ciao Gianni - Italy

markyeulett

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 04:47:51 PM »
Back again

cant work out the GAS update piece - see attached screenshot with a number of smodes having no tie up registration (this PC is not internet connected - does that make a difference?) - I have nother machine that is internet connected - that seems to do same thing.

Also how do I save changes to my log - have edited a number of entries and on close down / start up of application they are lost - it appears that teh master file data overwrites the changes when a new alert is picked up by the box?

Thanks
Mark

[attachment deleted by admin]

markyeulett

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »
sorry to be bearer of bad news  but has locked up on me with egg timer ticking away 3 times in last 30 mins?

markyeulett

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 05:06:53 PM »
Here are another couple :-

- every time I switch sharing off - it re-enables on start up?
- the File dropdown only works once - on the 2nd selection it freezes.  You cn get it to dissapear by movin to a new appliction but on returning to RB2008 the File drop down is disabled.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 05:10:18 PM »
Mark,

We assume your issue like the others occurs when you are not connected to the internet or have a bad connection?

Lots of posts coming on the forum at the moment can we please ask users to read past posts and NOT to repost questions if they are in one thread to a new post as it makes it more confusing to us.

We will answer your questions so bare with us :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 05:49:02 PM »
cant work out the GAS update piece - see attached screenshot with a number of smodes having no tie up registration (this PC is not internet connected - does that make a difference?) - I have nother machine that is internet connected - that seems to do same thing.

Mark, there is a separate thread running at the moment regarding GAS update.  I think that we should keep this one to the freezing problem.

see here:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=534.0

But yes, you do need an Internet connection to get the GAS registration autopopulate, as this information comes from the AirNav Server.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 05:52:51 PM by Allocator »

Allocator

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 05:51:16 PM »
Confirm to  record  my traffic must disable network?
 Confirm with 1.4 not possible edit fix point????
 Everything else is OK for now

ciao Gianni - Italy

Gianni, all your live traffic is recorded in MyLog - not network traffic.  You do not need to turn off Network taffic to record your traffic.

No, it's not possible to edit fix points, as these are built in to the AirNav world database - maybe the next release?

markyeulett

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2008, 06:36:59 PM »
thanks allocator - is there any way to manually update from a machine witgh internet to a machine without?

thanks
Mark

Allocator

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 06:47:08 PM »
thanks allocator - is there any way to manually update from a machine witgh internet to a machine without?

thanks
Mark

Mark, manual yes, but automatic no.

On the PC with Internet, goto the Gatwick Aviation Society website Mode S lookup:

http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/modeslookup.asp

Enter the Mode S you see in RadarBox e.g. 400A14

Click find

Now use the RadarBox Database Explorer in the File Menu

Select table: aircraft

Select: Add Record

This will allow you to add one record at a time - slow but it does work.  Running RadarBox with an Internet connection will do this automatically.

markyeulett

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 07:11:07 PM »
thanks allocator

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2008, 07:20:40 PM »
Sorry for the delay in responding to the questions. The PC I have is brand new 1gb ram running Vista. The only programs loaded (other then the few on it when I got it) is Radarbox 2008. I am connected to the internet and that connection was working. I deleted all references to the V1.3 and reloaded 2008 and it seems? to be working OK for the last few hours. 

Just one point for AirNav. I do not want, or expect to have to do such as turning off certain aspects of 2008 just to get it to run. My PC is twice as fast as the laptop that it used to run on and with twice the RAM - the only unknown for me is this Vista system.......