AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fantastic cam - great work.  (Read 10151 times)

jord86

Fantastic cam - great work.
« on: July 15, 2010, 03:55:01 PM »
New to this site and am really enjoying watching the live stream. Will definitely be subscribing to the £1 a month fee. I've been watching it for a few days now and today is the first day that it's not cloudy and miserable.  

One question I have, the cam view we currently have, does that change at all or is it fixated on this one particular view? It's great looking at the pics on the heathrowcam.net page, a livestream of that angle would be incredible!

Keep up the good work :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 03:58:33 PM by jord86 »

prbflight

Re: Fantastic cam - great work.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 03:45:12 AM »
I agree!  Great live stream.

Although I only have a limited viewing window due to being (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time I'm really enjoying Heathrowcam.  I look forward to when you can get the sound up!  Keep up the great work.

Paul@cyyb
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:46:44 AM by prbflight »

HeathrowCam - Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 08:41:22 AM »
Thanks for the comments.

The camera is currently fixed as I have a limited view: over to the right are large trees and a building obscuring the view. There's is however a gap between two large trees and the Virgin hanger can be seen. To the left I'm limited by a tree in the way. The camera is at max zoom which is manually adjusted. I would have liked a PTZ camera but they are 2 to 3 times more expensive than this camera.

I think the next stage is to add a telephoto lens and put the camera on a TrackerPod and hook it up to a PC with a trigger camera. This way the a/c would be bigger and the camera would move once or twice to the right to follow the a/c then reset back to the left ready for the next a/c.

I'd also like to:

1. Add sound stream
2. Flash/beep when the next a/c is about to appear  

We have 27 members so far since go live on Sunday 11th July. Looking for at least 40 to cover the cost of the software running costs.

** Advert: sign up now for less than 4p a day! ** ;-)

bigjim

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »
Yeah it's superb on the North Runway - sound would be awesome if you could get a suitable microphone.

HeathrowCam - Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 07:58:16 PM »
We experienced a short outage this evening due to problems at the server host. Service has resumed. Apologies.