AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Feature Request: Floating Windows  (Read 7960 times)

DaveG

Feature Request: Floating Windows
« on: March 01, 2008, 11:36:15 PM »
Now that the next version is almost out the door :) can I put forward what I think should be a major feature for next upgrade.

Floating Windows:  In that each part of the display (map, MyFlights, Network list, Alerts etc etc) should have the ability to be detached into its own window that can be moved independent of the others, as well as being able to be taken outside the main RB window.

What I'm suggesting is to achieve the same as the likes of Adobe products like photoshop etc where you can drag each element as its own windows anywhere on the monitor(s) this includes outside is own main window.  (not forgetting these can also be resized as normal windows)

Cheers
Dave
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Feature Request: Floating Windows
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 12:10:44 AM »
Hi DaveG,

This was already noted long ago when you asked. However we did not get too much interest from other customers regarding this.

We would have done it anyway but it requires changing the display settings of the software which would take a lot of time. As you know only a few programs are capable of the drag and dropping outside the programs limits.

If we have more interest we will be happy to do it as indeed it would like nice on multi monitor setups.

As mentioned before please remember that when you put forward a request they are all read and noted however we will can only act on those which are popular, timely and cost friendly.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Really

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 01:53:06 AM »
I'll add my support to this one, I really want to use RB on multiple monitors so hope it can be considered for a future release.  It'd be nice to have the map on one screen and all the other 'gubbins' on another.

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 03:57:50 PM »
noted support.

RB Users, please if you'd like this feature added to a "to do" list then please support it by replying.
Cornwall, UK

Deadcalm

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »
Count me in on this one...

Oh, and another request for you Airnav,  The textual legend "Home" in the middle of the screen - can that be either edited or removed from view by the user, and also the rather annoying "Centered at France" (or whatever) at the top of the screen - apart from being atrocious grammar, is there an option to remove it, please?  (If not, can I add these to the list of welcome improvements to an otherwise excellent product? )

DC
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 04:52:26 PM by Deadcalm »
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 05:02:05 PM »
Added.

EINN-07

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 08:52:51 PM »
Hey Deadcalm,

Amazing how it takes someone else's observation to point out what you had been thinking but hadn't spoken !. I know where 'Home' is and would dearly love to take the text off the screen as 'Home' is very close to my local airport and tends to obscure the finer detail of landing and departing aircraft. I would also subscribe to floating windows.

In addition, with almost 3 months experience of running RB, which is the best thing in years, my wish list would also include the following :

On the 'My Flights' panel have the ability to shuffle the columns as opposed to deciding which columns are shown.

Have the ability to close the photo pane and allow the My flights to stretch vertically. When not downloading photos there is a dead area of screen that could be put to good use such as displaying more of 'My Flights'.

The ability to close off toolbars. A lot of screen space is lost by duplicating the drop down menus with toolbars.

Map zooming with user selectable percentage steps. Not being expert in how this is achieved or what effect, if any it has on vidoe RAM I find it difficult to get the map zoomed to the perfect image for my aispace due to the predefined steps. Not the end of the world if it can't be achieved -  but it would be nice.

A new field to show elapsed time from first contact, this session for each aircraft. This would be useful in determining what is overflight and what may have landed when you were away from the RB for a while or what skipped through the edge of the polar plot.

User selectable sort order for the fields in reports generated by Reporter.

A routine in the aicraft database which could pull up a fleet /airline list to view aircraft have been contacted to date. For example - view the up to date Ryanair fleet to see which aircraft have been contacted to date - a bit like the 'All Heard' in Airnav Suite.

Apologies Support if these have been covered already in other requests.

All the best,
Gerry

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 08:55:05 PM »
A lot of those requests Gerry are in 1.4 :) the rest are being noted.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 09:01:23 AM »
Now that the next version is almost out the door :) can I put forward what I think should be a major feature for next upgrade.

Floating Windows:  In that each part of the display (map, MyFlights, Network list, Alerts etc etc) should have the ability to be detached into its own window that can be moved independent of the others, as well as being able to be taken outside the main RB window.

What I'm suggesting is to achieve the same as the likes of Adobe products like photoshop etc where you can drag each element as its own windows anywhere on the monitor(s) this includes outside is own main window.  (not forgetting these can also be resized as normal windows)

Cheers
Dave

More replies required please if you'd like this feature. :)
Cornwall, UK

prbflight

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 02:34:13 PM »
Sounds great.  Add my name to the list.

Paul