anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: selcal and acars  (Read 6701 times)

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
selcal and acars
« on: June 04, 2010, 08:22:17 PM »
Hello

I would like to try the acars and selcal decoders but don't want (or see the need) to give credit card details. Also If I did decide it was good for me why is it a recurring (not just one off)  payment  of $34.95 each every 6 months since you provide your own  data so there isn't an network price like radarbox and it cant be software updates since selcal was updated last in 2002 and acars in 2004.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Andrew

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
Re: selcal and acars
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 08:37:40 AM »
There are a couple of freeware ACARS decoders that you can try. Obviously, neither of these link to the RadarBox software in the way that the AirNav one does.

http://www.acarsd.org/download.html

or

http://users.telenet.be/ronny.stobbaerts/hampage/digital_modes/wacars.htm

I don't know of any freeware SELCAL decoders that you could try. The only stand alone decoder for SELCAL that I am aware of is the AirNav one.

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 08:56:19 AM »
hello

I have tried the freeware acars ones and they don't seem to work for me so I was just wanting to try the airnav one to see if it worked.

I am not caring too much about secal since they normaly  say the 4 letters before giving the tone.

Anyway after looking into it I don't think I would pay for software that is so old.

Andrew

jannuh

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »
I think AcarsD is best there is on Acars, PlanePlotter has also Acars decoder, but the messages aren't nicely formatted as in AcarsD.

Coaa (maker of PlanePlotter) has also a program for selcall decoding.

Btw for Selcall you need a descent shortwave receiver, the cheap ones have to much drift.

More info: you can view the positions of Acars msgs received with AcarsD also in PP (PlanePlotter); with PP you can also view the positions of HF Acars (PC-HFDL software).