AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I?  (Read 4183 times)

btclarke

How do I?
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:47:03 AM »
Hi Guys,

Being in ATC here at Frankfurt, I would like to do the following, and wonder if there is any easy way to do it...

I want to track the routes of flights through a certain flight level band... and then plot those tracks over a day into one image...

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks!!!

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: How do I?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
Being in ATC here at Frankfurt, I would like to do the following, and wonder if there is any easy way to do it...

I want to track the routes of flights through a certain flight level band... and then plot those tracks over a day into one image...

Is there a way to do it?

It's difficult to do "out of the box", but I have an application that does precisely what you describe, and more - it takes logs from any of the enthusiast Mode S receivers (RadarBox, SBS-1 and PlaneGadget), slices-and-dices the data in lots of different ways, and produces playback files with the data you want, ready for loading and replaying in RadarBox, BaseStation and PlanePlotter.

Unfortunately the application in question contains proprietary code, so I can't distribute it other than on a licence basis, but I'd be happy to process some logs for you if you let me know the criteria you want to apply.

PM me if you're interested.

Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: How do I?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:52:25 PM »
Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but using Overflight Logger you can plot your coverage at different altitudes.  Overflight Logger is a free download, and uses the port 30003 output from Radarbox.