AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Air France A380  (Read 7675 times)

abrad41

Air France A380
« on: May 19, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »
Don't know if anybody is interested -

Between 12th June - 30th Aug Air France are running there A380 between Heathrow & Paris. £80 return, what a deal.
I have just booked to fly out of Heathrow on the 30th July, returning the next day.
More info @
http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/local/guidevoyageur/destination/Paris_on_Airbus_A380_from_London_heathrow.htm

Andy

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: Air France A380
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 07:08:48 PM »
Thanks Andy

Booked it too

Malc
15 Miles East of EGNJ

abrad41

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 07:12:08 PM »
Which date you going mate - I booked a hotel near CDG to stay over as well, mined you the wife is coming too.

Andy

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »
August 21-22 same here accompanied by partner. Slots getting few are far between. Just looked at the fare breakdown

£15 each for flight  return
£64 for taxes???

Cant work out why the country is broke at this rate?

Andy which hotel did you book?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:29:43 PM by malc41 »
15 Miles East of EGNJ

abrad41

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 03:49:22 PM »
malc41

I booked through the Air France site the "Millennium Hotel Paris Charles De Gaulle" (4 Star) has a swimming pool (Double Room)
Total Price 67.15 euro + local tax (approx £58.64)

Looks Good to me, hope this helps mate.

Andy

abrad41

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »
Forgot to say

£17.40 Term 4 Long Stay car park.

Andy

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »
Yes booked the same one. Looked good on the site.

Anyway hope you have a good flight

Steve

15 Miles East of EGNJ

abrad41

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 06:21:50 PM »
Hi

Just back from the trip on Air France's A380.

Heathrow - Paris was on F-HPJB
Paris - Heathrow was on F-HPJA and while I was there this morning also had the chance to see and take photo's of F-HPJC.

One of the things I love was the camera's on the nose,tail and underside, which you can look at while flying.  On take off and landing the camera is fix and the view is from the tail, which means you cam watch the runway on take off and landing, really cool.

Was very impressed with the aircarft, seem a lot smoother and quieter on take off, compared with the 747's

Andy

eggplant

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 09:38:02 PM »
Hi

Just back from the trip on Air France's A380.

Heathrow - Paris was on F-HPJB
Paris - Heathrow was on F-HPJA and while I was there this morning also had the chance to see and take photo's of F-HPJC.

One of the things I love was the camera's on the nose,tail and underside, which you can look at while flying.  On take off and landing the camera is fix and the view is from the tail, which means you cam watch the runway on take off and landing, really cool.

Was very impressed with the aircarft, seem a lot smoother and quieter on take off, compared with the 747's

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for the info. My wife and I are booked on the promo deal for two nights over August bank holiday weekend. It sounds good, and am looking forward to it already. I didn't realise that the cams were available to view.  Do they have screens in the backs of the seat in cattle class ?

How was the hotel ? We are booked into the same one.

Cheers

John

Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

abrad41

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 08:03:56 AM »
Hi John

Yes they have the screens in cattle class, well thats were I was, and they even served free drinks on the fight of 45 mins. I also had seats on the upper deck, which were 2 thirds bussiness class and 1 third cattle.

The hotel was ok, comfortable, we went in the swimming pool, which was a little bit tired, but everything else was fine with the hotel.

Andy

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 05:50:59 PM »
Hi Guys,

Me and the family did the Bank holiday specials..£13.00 return plus taxes came to arounf £74.00 each. Bargain!!

The aircraft we flew on was F-HPJC for both AF1981 and AF1980. I thought the aircraft was a stunner...lovely skies out and back so many photographs taken.

We sat behind the wing and had a super view of the flaps and control surfaces doing their stuff plus it made a nice frame for many of my pics.

Had a pretty good hotel just near CDG and managed to get to photograph the AF Concorde F-BVFF which has been attached to 3 plinths and placed on public display.

In all a cracking weekend and hats off the Air France for their superb service with this fine aircraft.

Dave.

PS Many thanks Andy for the heads up - would'nt have missed this flight for the world :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:54:04 PM by Team Spirit »
Best regards Dave.

mike230390

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 08:56:58 PM »
I flew on the same day as you abrad41, and also came back the following day, I wonder if we were on the same flight.

The cameras are graet, especially if you couldn't get a window seat like myself. I've since found out though, that the cameras where installed to aid the pilots in manouvering the huge beast around the taxi ways. On the ground the pilot can select the cameras to display on his primary flight display. When viewing the tail camera, he sees two vertical yellow lines on the wings, to indicate where his landing gear is, to help him keep it on the taxi way.

I just wonder how long it will be until they or someone else makes an even bigger one.

Michael