anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newcastle Upon Tyne  (Read 28993 times)

BobR

Newcastle Upon Tyne
« on: February 25, 2008, 08:38:02 PM »
I am considering purchasing the RB and would be grateful if any users in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area would mind posting a couple of screen shots. I appreciate that each location will give varied results; but I am interested in high level traffic mostly tracking down the North Sea.

Cheers,

Bob

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Newcastle Upon Tyne
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:22:10 PM »
Bob,

I can't  quite see over to your part of the world from Shrewsbury, although I am getting a live track over Teesside (DLH8PW) - or whatever thay are calling it today!  Here is a screenshot showing mostly network traffic around Newcastle - I'm sure there is more to be seen live from your location.

Click the link below for a full size picture:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2159/2292520310_87b1fe7f3f_o.jpg

All the best

Allocator

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »
Its quieter at the moment being late, There is usually some good tracks across the North Sea to/from Europe.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »
Here's a view centred on EGNT at 2:20pm showing a couple of Easyjets (G-EZAI & G-EZJK) nearby.

By tarbat

BobR

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »
Thanks for all the replies - it is only a matter of time before I part with the pennies!

Really

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 01:55:31 AM »
Thanks for all the replies - it is only a matter of time before I part with the pennies!

Well the price has just gone down considerably so there is isn't a better time to buy one!

pcochrane12

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 08:32:24 AM »
hi bob
i,m just north of ncle in morpeth and have just recived my rb took this shot today 3 flights are live to me the rest are from the web.hope this helps make your mind up as this is a quite time

[attachment deleted by admin]

DaveR

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 10:26:17 AM »
I'm based about 5.5m NE of Durham Tees Valley (the old Tesside Airport1),Took this shot just now with the Network flights turned off to give an idea of coverage, once things liven up a bit I'll post another one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BobR

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 01:02:57 PM »
Thanks for taking the time. Ordering the RB this week coming. Just waiting for the storm on monday to blow through and then up onto the roof to mount the brackets for an antenna I bought in advance of the box. Will post some shots once I get up and runing.

pcochrane12

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
BOB
out of interest which aerial did you go for
cheers paul

BobR

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 05:38:58 PM »
Hi Paul,

I went for a product from Sandpiper (web link is below). Has had some good reviews on another well known forum and was under £40. Still waiting for the storm to come and go before I venture aloft!!!

Cheers,

Bob

http://www.sandpiper.entadsl.com/scanning.html

pcochrane12

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »
hi bob
thanks will have a look at that and yep all aerials down today ready no scanner or hf  felling gruppy thank goodness for my rb
cheers paul

Quacker1964

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 05:47:21 PM »
Hi lads - another local here very nr Washington (Springwell Village) on an elevated location.

Just received a mail/newsletter from Waters & Stanton who I believe are the distributors.  I am also a licenced radio ham as well as into all sorts of radio receiving activities etc.  This is one of the most amazing-looking bits of kit I have seen for a long time.

My father is more into aviation than I but I'm sure he would also love this.  Looking at the screen shots is very interesting, although not being able to zoom or enlarge some of them can be frustrating.   Are you all happy with the purchase? - before I "take the plunge" I will watch this develop and also check out the rest of the site for more info.

Aside from how it looks, is it a fair comment that setting up is also a breeze?

Apologies if it seemed like I hijacked the thread - not my intention as this is my first post.

Thanks

Steve

DaveR

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 07:32:34 PM »
I'm based in Stockton and have a fairly good view however I run the aerial sitting on the window ledge which blocks reception to the South a bit however I have still picked up aircraft in North Wales.

Setting up was fairly easy for myself, I think it depends on Operating system and Firewall. I have vista which didn't give a problem but I had to manually add the program to my firewall (Kaspersky Internet Security) to let it see the net.

I was fairly happy with it but now version 1.4 has been released I'm well chuffed.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 08:01:09 PM »
Hi there. If you are one of the users reporting problems with V1.4 then during the next 5 to 10 days why don't you still use V1.3? :-)