AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: windows 7 problem  (Read 5939 times)

hofs

windows 7 problem
« on: May 16, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »
Hello
Is there anybody who runs radarbox under windows 7 with interner explorer 8 without trouble .
When i am running radarbox and i start surfing on the internet then radarbox stops running and i get a warning mesage.
When i first start surfing on the internet and then start up radarbox i can surf without any problems and radarbox keeps running fine.
Who knows the answer ?
Fred

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: windows 7 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 11:32:19 AM »
Hi Fred, yes, I'm running RB 3.13 under Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit/IE 8 with no problems.  However, I did experience the exact problems as you, after Win 7 automatically downloaded and installed an update (this was back in Jan.), I completely re-formatted and re-installed 7 without auto updates and have had no problems since then.   I'd get a warning message come up saying IE 8 or RB had stopped working - a right PITA!    I'm convinced that there was something in one of the updates that caused some conflicts and closures.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

hofs

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 11:44:58 AM »
Thanks for the quick replay and i will re-install win 7 without auto update.
Fred

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 03:03:01 PM »
Jon

Running the same system as you.  RUN RB 3.13 on a Win7 Ultimate 64bit  PC. However after about 48 hours I run out of Virtual memory and the PC reboots.  Don't get this if I am not running RB.  Do you run your system continuously?  If so does it run ok?

Cheers

Graham

Tallyho

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »
I get the exact same problem with Windows 7 64 bit Home edition and IE8, I am just living with RB continually stopping! I cannot be bothered to reinstalled Windows 7 and all that entails.
Not sure that I want to run W7 without getting security updates etc just for the sake of RB !!!!
It is a right royal pain in the butt though !

hofs

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 08:12:39 PM »
Hello
Radarbox is working fine now .
I went to the computershop and told them my problem and they adviced me to change the security settngs from IE8 from medium to low .
Since that moment i can switch between internet and radarbox as often as i like and it keeps running without problems . I can start up radarbox and after that internet as much as i like.
I am not running radarbox 24 hours a day but sometimes it runs for 12 hours without problems.
 Best regards
Fred

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
Hi Fred,
Thanks for that, I'll give it a run, if I have to go back and start all-over again, c'est la vie!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Tallyho

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 09:44:37 PM »
Mmm not sure the problem is confined to IE8, when I start a VBSCRIPT I get the same problem with RB stopping. There is something strange going on with RB that has been introduced with running on Windows 7 64 bit.

Siddy

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 07:49:12 AM »
Guy's I turned to firefox instead of IE8 last year when XP update messed my dns up on 3 computers. I use RB mainly now on Win7 64bit and Firefox at home Or Xp in van, 3d vers too much on Xp and mobile dongle. Im not one for swapping but the options are better on Firefox. And watching tutor video people upload to help out it's a 1 click and it's stored on your pc.
Hi Im Siddy from Leeds, West Yorkshire, Uk

hofs

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 09:01:47 AM »
Hello CoastGuardjon
I didnt re install windows 7 i only changed the security settings and update is still on
Fred

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 07:33:52 PM »
Hi Fred,
Thanks for that, what I meant is that I will enable Updates again, and if the problem returns, then I can start all over (yet again - still can't all the drivers for this machine, despite having downloaded, paid for and used "DriverFetch" from Blitware).   There's several extras on this machine that I can't find drivers that work under 64-bit Win 7 Ultimate.