anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MANCHESTER VIEWING PARK ENTRANCE FEES  (Read 7148 times)

imropes

MANCHESTER VIEWING PARK ENTRANCE FEES
« on: April 12, 2010, 05:04:24 PM »
Best to buy a £25 card (25 visits for car and driver) or its £3 for 1 hour,£6 for 2 hours,
£9 for 3 hours, £12 over 3 hours. New prices started today. What do you think about this move? Why has it been done?

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: MANCHESTER VIEWING PARK ENTRANCE FEES
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 09:40:23 PM »
Ouch!!

So do you pay on exit now, or are there wardens wandering round?

Rod
Rod

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 10:10:17 PM »
I can't remember what I paid last time, but as far as I remember it was a fixed price no matter how long you stopped?

These prices are just outrageous, particularly when you only have to pay £12 for a coach with no time limit.  I won't be going on my "motorbile" either - lol

How the heck are you supposed to get there by foot - it's in the middle of nowhere!

Amazing value ********!

Cars

* £3 for up to 1 hours stay
    * £6 for up to 2 hours stay
    * £9 for up to 3 hours stay
    * £12 for over 3 hours stay

Coaches

* £12 for Coaches, no limit

On Foot
FREE entry for visitors entering on foot, by public transport and bicycle (not motorbile)

Multi Entry
Multi Entry Tickets are also available please enquire at the Aviation shop'
Get a further 10% off is you are a member of the Aviation Society when you purchase your ticket from the Aviation shop.

The ticket covers one person for one visit and is not transferable.
Tickets can be purchased from the attendant in the entry kiosk or from the Aviation Shop. If you are a member of the Aviation Society and purchase your ticket from the shop, you will receive a further discount of 10%. What amazing value!

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/ConcordeVisiting

phil zech

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:49:58 AM »
All,

Havent been to AVP yet but as far as I am aware, it is pay on exit, new barriers have been installed etc.

It is an outrageous price rise but for the enthusiast who attends often, there is the multi entry ticket as stated by 'imropes'.

You can also buy £50 and £100 ones also.  I have a feeling these tickets may not be on sale at current price for much longer.

There has been a lot of work and expense carried out at the AVP in past 18 months, Concorde hanger ,restaurant, new TAS shop, obviously someone has to pay for all this ,  YOU and ME !

Rumour has it, a Nimrod will be the next static aircraft to arrive (20 April?) and towed in AVP sometime in May. If you know the AVP , it will be parked next to the Trident.

Regards

Phil

imropes

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 03:52:24 PM »
Its slowly turning from a humble vp into a commercial venue. You can hire the eating

area in the concorde hanger. A large childrens party was in progress a few Sundays ago.