anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Duplicate Data  (Read 8581 times)

Wayne

Duplicate Data
« on: February 16, 2008, 10:31:35 AM »
Hi

Has anyone ever noticed duplicate flight data being displayed on screen. I have just had SIA327, GWL8750, EI604 and EZY36UQ on screen all with duplicate radar 'blips' and each 'blip' with an idetical label.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Duplicate Data
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »
Wayne,

Can you explain further by what you mean, are you getting two aircraft displayed on the screen with the same details?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:11:25 PM »
Hi

Yes, for each of those flights there were two sets of information comprising two separate radar blips complete with identical flight identification and status information. I have never noticed that before and it cleared by closing and re-starting RB. At the time though RB was message processing and all flights mentioned were making progress on the screen - it's just that there were two of them. They were all aircraft being picked up by my RB, they were not network traffic. It's been ok the rest of today.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 03:52:17 PM »
Thats very weird never heard or seen this issue before. There have been cases indentified by the CAA in the UK where ADS-B messages have bounced back of certain type of buildings causing duplicate positions. This could be something similar.

If it happens again take a screenshot.
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 04:19:51 PM »
Will do. Like I say though there is no detriment it's just strange and my house is high on a hill and I'm not anywhere near a city. I'll keep a watch and hopefully get a screenshot

Wayne

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 11:30:35 AM »
Hello
Hopefully I have attached a screenshot of the duplication here. Slight difference in this example. Here, the two identical flights further apart whereas the ones I noticed earlier were closer and the data display was identical. If you look central screen at EXS818 then look at the duplicate further north where the speed, altitude and obviously position are different.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wayne

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »
Actually, just noticed that on the screenshot is also a flight GSM61 that has two labels but only one radar blip.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 12:11:35 PM »
Wayne, can you confirm you are using the latest version 1.3? Also in both cases was the Mode-S the same of both flights shown. Also how long do they last ? (is it only for 20-30 seconds then timeout)

Anybody else experienced this issue.
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 12:59:11 PM »
Hello
Hopefully I have attached a screenshot of the duplication here. Slight difference in this example. Here, the two identical flights further apart whereas the ones I noticed earlier were closer and the data display was identical. If you look central screen at EXS818 then look at the duplicate further north where the speed, altitude and obviously position are different.

This is most odd, I haven't ever seen this issue when I've been using Radarbox.

The only think that I can think of is that it might be a timeout setting issue, although normally, the software doen't seem to allow the same aircraft to appear on the map twice.

EXS818 is strange, as it is shown level near Manchester EGCC at FL 60 heading SE after a right hand turn. The speed of 243 knts and the routing of Geneva to Manchester suggests that it is on recovery to Manchester.  The other instance of ESX818 is heading in the opposite direction (NW) with a leader line but no history trail.  It's indicating FL270 descending at 460 knts.  Both aircraft appear to be live tracks, as there is no "*" in the label as shown for TF-FIH towards the top right of the picture.  Incidently, it is also odd that the network traffic TF-FIH is showing at 200 ft but there is no other network traffic to be seen on the screen anywhere.

Also, there are only 2 aircraft on the screen without a trail, the southery ESX818 and the TF-FIH.

So, no conclusions yet, but what are your timeout settings for live and network traffic?

Do you have radarbox set to display "*" on network labels?

Did you have network and live traffic set to display when you took this screenshot?

Wayne

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 01:32:55 PM »
It is most strange. I had been at Manchester Airport that morning and so working without an internet connection I would have unchecked the Share Network checkbox otherwise I tend to get sessions timing out. I can't be sure but I think I would have reset the checkbox because if you don't I've noticed RB puts out a message after a short while saying the box isn't checked.

RB is definately set to display * on Network traffic but as for timeout settings will confirm that later as I am not at home right now.

The earlier example where I didn't have a screenshot was a better one because the aircraft blips and the associated data were all exact, no difference like the EXS example because as you say it looks like a timeout because of the distance between the two really.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »
OK Wayne, thanks for the info - I'm sure we will get to the bottom of this, especially if it happens fairly often for you.

I presume that you are using V1.3 of the RadarBox software?

It might be worth hitting the "record" button when you see this happening again, then you can replay it to see what is going on.

All the best

Allocator

Wayne

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »
Yes V1.3 and let you know the timeout settings later. Will bear in mind the record function but will have to read up on it first !

If I get better examples of duplication like the first one I noticed I'll capture that now I am getting more used to the functionality

Wayne

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 06:07:28 PM »
Allocator

Just checked the settings for timeouts which were 60 seconds for network traffic and 180 for My Flights traffic. I have set them all now to 60 seconds.

Will keep you posted on this

Wayne

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 09:42:25 PM »
Its unlikely to be a timeout issue if he wasn't using the network at the same time.

You are the first to describe this issue (we did have one similar with earlier versions) however that was network related and was rectified in 1.3. Is anybody else in the same area as Wayne experiencing the same issue? (so we can confirm the aircraft is sending correct information and maybe your box has gone a bit weird)
[email protected]