AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database up-date problem  (Read 8782 times)

MIKE.UTD

Database up-date problem
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »
Hi,

Today I am having problems when trying to manually update the database, when I have done it then click process hardware flights it is failing to keep that new information and reverts to the old.

Never had this problem before, using V3.13.

Mike.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Database up-date problem
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »
You are using Database Explorer to edit the NavData.db3 file and not using MyLog for the edits?

MIKE.UTD

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:49:56 PM »
Yes. Never had this problem.
It does not seem to be saving the updates I do.
I must have done G-EZTT about 4 times now.
Strange anyone else having these problems, was there a problem like this a couple of years ago ???

Mike.

bearcat

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 12:58:42 PM »
Sometimes when I get this situation I think it is because it cannot get a photo, Copy an existing photo for an EZY A320 and rename it G-EZTT and your details should then store

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »
Yes. Never had this problem.
It does not seem to be saving the updates I do.
I must have done G-EZTT about 4 times now.
Strange anyone else having these problems, was there a problem like this a couple of years ago ???

The AirNav server populates 40622B (G-EZTT) with the infamous three dots, and no aircraft or photo details.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:01:25 PM »
I'm having the same problem w/ several entries.  Example --> The data for N954FE has been corrected 4 times in the last several days.  The AN, AC, and CN fields are blanked whenever the aircraft makes an appearance in my area.  Aaargh!

Jim

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:03:57 PM by 54901 - Jim »
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

DaveReid

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 01:20:20 PM »
I'm having the same problem w/ several entries.  Example --> The data for N954FE has been corrected 4 times in the last several days.  The AN, AC, and CN fields are blanked whenever the aircraft makes an appearance in my area.  Aaargh!

This one isn't quite so bad - at least you get an ICAO type designator (C208), but you're correct in that the server populates the other fields with blanks.

But, to be fair, it's only been around for 22 years ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

abrad41

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »
I think this is a long term problem, as I see it, if all the fields are not filled in including PT,LK,PT2 & Lk2 the information will get over written everytime.

I try and use a dummy photo when one is not available - this stops the information being overwritten.

Below is what I use when there is no photo.

Hope this helps

Andy

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
Again ... using N954FE as an example ... I tried the "dummy photo" method.  I re-populated the AS, AC, and CN fields w/ correct info.  I populated the PT, LK, PT2, and LK2 fields w/ zeroes.  I left the CO field blank.  Early this morning, when N954FE flew over the house ... everything was wiped out of the data record except the MS, AR, and AT information.

Any other ideas for this one?

Thanks in advance!

Jim

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 03:36:35 PM »
Again ... N954FE is just one example.  Other aircraft from the Federal Express fleet that fly over my house on a daily basis have the exact same problem.  There are probably others, but it is only recently that I've begun a concerted effort to clean up my data.  I guess I will put that effort "on hold" until a solution can be found.

Thanks, again!

Jim

DaveReid

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »
Again ... N954FE is just one example.  Other aircraft from the Federal Express fleet that fly over my house on a daily basis have the exact same problem.  There are probably others, but it is only recently that I've begun a concerted effort to clean up my data.  I guess I will put that effort "on hold" until a solution can be found.

Well we're told a solution is imminent, but then we've been told that before.

The only workaround I know of, until I've finished writing my utility, is to untick the box for downloading aircraft details - that should stop the AirNav server destroying your updates.

abrad41

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »
Hi Jim

When you tried the dummy photo, did you put the dummy photo in your Radarbox photo folder, then make a link to that folder in "LK & LK2.
See Below - This is how mine looks

Andy

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 04:13:20 PM »
Andy ~

No ... I didn't actually include the link to the photo, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

Jim

abrad41

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »
Hi Jim

Let me now how you get on - the result will be interesting

Andy

mjleprix

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »
I have to agree with Dave. The only way to keep your log free of erroneous data is to switch off update aircraft data. I would go a stage further and say you have to switch off download aircraft photos as well which is a real shame. Roll on a better database.