AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Flight Data Displayed...  (Read 8292 times)

Speedbird London

No Flight Data Displayed...
« on: March 21, 2010, 10:04:53 AM »
Getting my PC back from the computer menders after having a Trojan cleaned out,  RadarBox doesn’t work properly anymore!  The software boots as before, the power light and flashing blue USB light operate but no flight data appears!

The supplied aerial appears to be ok.

I thought I’d re-install the software but now can’t find the CD that I got with the RB!

Is this happening because my free subscription has expired?  I thought it would work in “Local” mode anyway.

I can’t find a place on the Airnav site to download the latest full software, irritatingly only demo’s and trials..

Can anyone give me a clue??
Cheers.
Ed

bearcat

Re: No Flight Data Displayed...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 10:22:23 AM »
Hi

I think this will be the page you want

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 12:13:28 PM »
Hi Ed, does the RB program open up at all?   Does the RB show up in Device Manager?    As bc suggests above, go to that page and download 3.13 version, then open up and install to "C:/AirNav Systems/", if you haven't already got such a location, create it.   Let us know how you progress,and we'll try to keep you on the straight and narrow!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Speedbird London

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 07:30:12 PM »
Thanks Bearcat and thanks Jon.

Yes, the graphics all come up when I click on the start button it's just as though there were no aerial on the thing, the little radar animation rotates and everything looks normal except, no flights displayed! - I've tried the original supplied aerial and a colinear.

Further, I downloaded the full program again and when I double clicked on the setup, which I'd dowloaded to my desktop, I got an error message saying that the program was corrupt and that I should download it again!

If I'm to copy it "To" a particular location how does that actually happen, what do I do?..

Sorry to be a numpty.

Ed

bearcat

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »
If you are getting a corrupt program message I would download the full program again.

If you are using Vista create a seperate folde on your C drive, name it somethimg like ANRB. On install when asked where to install Radarbox browse to the folder you have created and give it another go. If XP I should try a re-install.

The centre pin on the antenna sometimes disappears into the plug and needs pushing out again, but that should only apply to the supplied antenna, no idea about colinears sorry.

Another thought is AVG gave problems so you may need to add it to the AVG exceptions.

Hope you manage to get it going

Stewart

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 05:47:35 PM »
Hi Ed, what OS are you using, I assumed Windows XP or Vista.   I'm also a "techno-numpty" so I fully sympathise!   Keep telling us what's happening, and we'll carry on talking you down.  If you're getting the graphics come up and a message stating the program is corrupt, I have a feeling that either the Trojan or removal of it have damaged or corrupted the Registry setting which are stored - hopefully Allocator/Tarbat can give further advice on how to get into Registry and delete/remove the relevant files/settings, so you can Run the ANRB program again and re-install it.    You'd probably have to point the RB to the Driver files again.    To add to Stewart's comments, to create a new folder, go to Start - double click on My ComputerComputer, click on C drive to open it up, there will be a number of Folders in there, go to File or Organise and create New Folder - I'd suggest naming it AirNav Systems rather than ANRB as there is a specific file in the program labelled ANRB - I don't know if it would confuse Windows, but it certainly confused me when I found it!  Keep us posted.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Speedbird London

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »
Hello mate.  Thanks for your continued support and interest in helping me get the thing running; I was losing the will to live yesterday because, in spite of yet another full download, which took about 45 minutes (!), it still didn't work fully.

The OS is XP with SP3 and I think your suggestion about missing drivers/butchered registry is probably right on the money - After I got it back from the PC repair shop I had a similar issue with Windows Media Player in that it looked fine on screen and did everthing it was supposed to.... except make any sound!  After I took it back to the shop in a pretty hacked off mood telling them I didn't want charging again, they fixed it and could only mutter something about software conflicts - TOSH! the drivers were missing.

I'm going to try and install it on a laptop I have here and see what happens with that.

I'll also have another look at your last message to try and digest the information.  I'm also going to have to find out how to disable the AVG, (which DIDN'T stop the Trojan) and also Avast which another geek reccomended.

Cheers Jon

Ed

bearcat

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 07:59:42 PM »
To exclude ANRB in AVG open AVG > tools > advanced settings. Down the left hand side go to Resident Sheild and click on Directory Excludes. Then click on Add Path and navigate to where your AirNav Radarbox is stored highlight AirNav Radarbox floder and click OK  and OK again.

You seem to suggest you have AVG and Avast antivirus running on your PC. The norm is only run one antivirus program as two will conflict with each other. May be best to get a full internet security program.

If I were you I think I would try from scratch again uninstall radarbox reboot and try a re-install.

Stewart

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 08:44:51 PM »
Hi Ed, I agree with Stewart, but if I'm right and there's something corrupted in the Registry settings, unless you get rid of that, you'll find the same problem, but you need someone like Allocator/Tarbat to talk you through it, or you can b*gger everything up.    You have to type a command "regedit" into the start box in Win 7, not sure in XP.

Just had a look in Win 7, and "regedit" opens Registry Editor, there's 5 Folders in mine called HKey_ and various sub-folder names, but I don't know which is the right one to get shot of.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:50:50 PM by CoastGuardJon »

bearcat

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 08:58:45 PM »
To try and sort your registry out you could download CCleaner(Free) to delete any old registry keys. When installed select the Registry button and scan for issues, then when finished fix issues. You will be asked to back up your registry do so and continue.

It may pick up quite a few issues then it's a deep breathe and hope for the best :-).  It could be better than manually editting your registry if your not sure what to do as one wrong move could create it's own problems

If you run this I wouldn't have any thing else running  and It may be better to do this before a re-install. If you use this I would restart again and then install RB

Speedbird London

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 10:03:20 PM »
Well, I've had enough of all this c**p - I can't download the software to another PC cos I don't know the password.  It's stored on this PC but I don't have it written down anywhere. Lost thje CD, Won't run, so it's no good to me.  Not enough hours in the day for all this.  Where do I sell it, here?,  Ebay?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 10:48:18 PM »
I'd keep your Radarbox and scrap the PC - that seems to be where the problem is!

I'm sure that AirNav Support could help you with your password if you contact them with your RB serial number.

jannuh

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 08:16:50 AM »
Follow Allocators advise and stop this childish lamentation.

GL

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 12:42:02 PM »
Hi Ed, do as Allocator suggests and get your password from AN Support - just give them the RB serial no. in a PM.   If you PM me your details, I'll send you copies of CDs with 2.01 and 3.13 on them.     Keep your hair on and persevere, it is worth it!!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 02:08:12 PM »
He has contacted us, so he should have his codes soon.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]