AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Show multilateration results in Radarbox  (Read 23737 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Show multilateration results in Radarbox
« on: March 22, 2010, 10:57:15 AM »
For anyone using multilateration in Planeplotter.  I now use the GE KML plugin to display the results of multilateration in Radarbox.  In this screenshot, you can see a Nimrod being tracked on the map.

mdobuk21

Re: Show multilateration results in Radarbox
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »
Hi tarbat, how is this done? As a planeplotter user myself I would love to see mlat aircraft on my radarbox screen

cheers
mark

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »
In Planeplotter:
1. Sign-up for multilateration
2. Configure Planeplotter for multilateration
3. Setup the Google Earth server in Planeplotter I/O settings
4. Put the attached google_aircraft.kml file in you Radarbox GE_Layers folder
5. In Radarbox 3D, open the layer.

tetrode

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:22:08 AM »
Hi Tarbat,

Could you re-attach or send me that kml file please?....It seems to have gone from the forum posting.

Many thanks,

Ken...

satcom

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 08:10:01 AM »

You could see all these non pos too !

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 11:27:34 AM »
Just got PP and MLAT going on my system.  However I don't run 4.03 or 3D version of RDB.  Can I run 4.03 in 2d mode and get the MLAT on the RDB Screen.  

Can I get this plots on the Standard RDB 3.13 style screen?  More used to this style of presentation rather than GE.

Thanks

Graham
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:48:09 AM by GreekSpy2001 »

satcom

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 11:42:25 AM »
Just got PP and MLAT going on my system.  However I don't run 4.03 or 3D version of RDB.  Can I run 4.03 in 2d mode and get the MLAT on the RDB Screen. 

Also how do you get the screen display that Satcom is using.  More used to this style of presentation rather than GE.

Thanks

Graham
Hi Graham

Unfortunately you can't display multilateration on your RB screen and the Radar Box cant provide  the necessary raw data to act as an Mlat ground station.

You can however  run PP Mlat on PP itself and to create the type of outline mapping you see in the image above the best way is to download the Kinetic Resouces disk and use that to load  outline files into you PP chart folder.
Then press the outline button on PP to create the mapping.

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 11:50:55 AM »
Hi Satcom

As I posted I realised you screenshot was the PP screen.  I have PP running with MLAT at the moment.  I was hoping to use Tarbats method to get the info on the RDB screen but without having the GE style display.  At the moment I run both and switch between the two system

Graham

satcom

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 12:02:38 PM »
Hi Satcom

As I posted I realised you screenshot was the PP screen.  I have PP running with MLAT at the moment.  I was hoping to use Tarbats method to get the info on the RDB screen but without having the GE style display.  At the moment I run both and switch between the two system

Graham

Ahh right....

No thats not possible I'm afraid other than the way Tarbat demonstrated it....although of course you can feed your own RB traffic into PP so that both appear on the Planeplotter screen  which can then be set to outline mode with RB running in the background.
By then switching on the PP hypersharing function , which you have as a Master User all plots around the selected a/c  will then update  every few seoconds instead of once every  minute.

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 12:31:36 PM »
yep got RDB pushing data into the PP screen.  Now struggling to get waypoints Airfields VOR's and NDB  in to the outline view I'm using.  Got the SBS resources but don't know if I can overlay or need to create ones own outline.   Maybe if you know you can PM me as this is getting more PP than RDB.

Graham

satcom

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 12:58:58 PM »
" Maybe if you know you can PM me as this is getting more PP than RDB."

Yep , if you can pop up on the PP Yahoo group  we can sort out the Waypoint issue

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 04:53:21 PM »
What we need is for Radarbox to be able to read the Planeplotter OLE/COM interface, then we could display everything from Planeplotter on the Radarbox screen.

How about it Airnav?  That would go some way towards providing Multilateration within the Radarbox software.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 05:27:13 PM »
What we need is for Radarbox to be able to read the Planeplotter OLE/COM interface, then we could display everything from Planeplotter on the Radarbox screen.

How about it Airnav?  That would go some way towards providing Multilateration within the Radarbox software.

We should wait to see what this week's "Important Announcement" is about - for all we know, it could be AirNav's launch of their own MLat solution which, we're told, will be a considerable improvement on PlanePlotter's implementation.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 05:42:11 PM »
Good luck Chris, have PM'd you.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 06:10:41 PM »
Thanks Jon, Andrew and Claire (and others) - much appreciated.

In reply to MikeC on the other forum, where I'm still banned.

Without the agreement of COAA this would be in violation of the PP Licence - Data received from the Internet sharing system must not be published or distributed in any form.

As long as the data was only displayed on the Radarbox display, and NOT uploaded to the Airnav network, this would NOT be in violation of the PP licence.  Unless I've misunderstood something?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:28:08 PM by tarbat »