anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nice invite today.  (Read 2957 times)

Brimon

Nice invite today.
« on: March 12, 2010, 10:46:53 PM »
Website I use,not aircraft related, had a discussion going about airband scanners. The conversation broadened out to aviation in general. I posted up some Airnav screenshots.
Turns out one of the guys on the site is an ATC & I got an invite to the new Air Traffic Control Centre in Scotland in April. Looking forward to it.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Nice invite today.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 03:49:43 AM »
Great news. Take some photos and post them on this forum so everyone can see them.

eggplant

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 09:59:23 PM »
What with security restrictions I find it amazing that ATCs can seemingly arrange visits by persons they have just met over the internet, or otherwise for that matter.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

Brimon

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 03:15:10 PM »
What with security restrictions I find it amazing that ATCs can seemingly arrange visits by persons they have just met over the internet, or otherwise for that matter.

Don't worry I need to go through security vetting procedures, which are very stringent.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

dca

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »
I managed to get a visit to Swanwick a couple of years ago, security was extremely thorough even to get onto the grounds of the building.

What an amazing experience though, my overriding memory was of how incredibly quiet and laid back everthing & everyone seemed!!
9 nm south of LGW

jannuh

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 12:45:40 AM »
Was 3 times at Eurocontrol, only thing they needed was a copy of your passport/ID-card few weeks before.
We went at eurocontrol with the regional HAM Club, one of the members was in Radar Maintenance, he arranged this.

Is already more as 10 years ago, so  maybe more difficult nowadays.
Was fun to play on the radar operator sites, in same building also German Military Air Control.