anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Save main window position  (Read 5923 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Save main window position
« on: February 08, 2008, 06:56:50 PM »
Quick question.  Is there a way to save the position of the main RB window?  Everytime I run RB, it opens Maximised, and if I try to Restore the window position/size, it's a tiny little 320x240 window.

I like to not open windows maximised, so I can keep a small space down the right hand side to be able to access my Vista sidebar.

Is there a trick to getting RB to remember the screen position/size?  Thanks.

And just another question.  This list of airports shown in the pick-lists for Weather, Airport, etc.  Can these be changed anywhere.  I'd like to add Inverness (EGPE) to the lists to save having to type EGPE in everytime.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Save main window position
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 07:22:49 PM »
Quick question.  Is there a way to save the position of the main RB window?  Everytime I run RB, it opens Maximised, and if I try to Restore the window position/size, it's a tiny little 320x240 window.

I like to not open windows maximised, so I can keep a small space down the right hand side to be able to access my Vista sidebar.

Is there a trick to getting RB to remember the screen position/size?  Thanks.

And just another question.  This list of airports shown in the pick-lists for Weather, Airport, etc.  Can these be changed anywhere.  I'd like to add Inverness (EGPE) to the lists to save having to type EGPE in everytime.

Hmmm.. don't know about the RB opening other than maximised, I hadn't really noticed that before, but it's the same on V1.4.  And you are right, if you restore down, it does shrink to a tiny window - something to add to the bug list I think!

I tend to put my airport of choice in the "SmartView" tab area.  OK, it doesn't give the decoded METAR, but it does give you the METAR and the TAF and auto sets the QNH if the box is ticked.  This is remembered when you run RB again.

I think that the dropdown list should remember recent entries - but it doesn't.  You can type INV in instead, at least it saves one key press hi hi.

Allocator

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 07:27:15 PM »
Tarbat, I can't see any traffic in your part of the world - is it really that quiet at the moment?  I can see network traffic as far north as Prestwick, but nothing beyond that. How many aircraft have you got in the MyFlights list.

I'd hate to think that your shared traffic is being mathematically excluded by the system!

You have got "Share Flight Data" ticked I presume?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 07:54:56 PM »
tarbat,

I do see you have been online and sharing data by checking the server. However can you also only login with the codes which were sent with the box (should be on the sticker).

Also the minimizing issue has been noted though may be too late for 1.4.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 08:15:42 PM »
Yes, I've discovered the SmartView, and set that to auto-set the QNH.  That's really useful.  Unfortunately, no TAF for EGPE, but I get METAR okay.

I guess the Window position/size and dropdown lists are bugs - not a major problem, just a minor annoyance.

Yes, I've got "Share Flight Data" ticked.  I assume it still uploads my data even if I turn OFF network flights.  Anyway, skies are very quiet at night here.  You can see why MMS was such an issue for me.

I have 7 aircraft in the list, none of which are ADS-B :(  Should be busier tomorrow morning, so check then once the transatlantic flights restart.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 08:33:36 PM by tarbat »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 08:20:56 PM »
I do see you have been online and sharing data by checking the server. However can you also only login with the codes which were sent with the box (should be on the sticker).

Okay, I thought I should use the codes in the email I received.  I'll use the ones on the CD instead.

Allocator

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 10:35:39 PM »
Tarbat,

I can see traffic over your location now - N2121 B737 FL340 heading NW - it must be your data :-)