anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Devon  (Read 13907 times)

keenrw

Devon
« on: February 09, 2008, 02:18:33 AM »
Hi all

im thinking of getting this product but i live in Devon ( UK) and wondered how it works near me? does any one have any screen shorts please  , im about 3 miles from Plymouth airport but i dont think any of there A/C would use what i need to pick erm up

Thanks
 Rich

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Devon
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:24:40 AM »
Hi all

im thinking of getting this product but i live in Devon ( UK) and wondered how it works near me? does any one have any screen shorts please  , im about 3 miles from Plymouth airport but i dont think any of there A/C would use what i need to pick erm up

Thanks
 Rich

Rich,

Here is a screenshot of your area showing RadarBox Network traffic all around you (I'm based near Shrewsbury in the West Midlands). If you get your antenna out in the open, the you should get the overflights out to as much as 200 miles, but more likely 100 to 150 miles.

Note my "live" traffic  - no "*" in the aircraft label.  The aircraft with "*" after the callsign I'm picking up from the network.

I've got no idea if Plymouth traffic is ADS-B equipped - as you will have gathered, not all aircraft transmit the data we need to see them on RadarBox.  Of course, you will still be able to see the network data shared by other RadarBox users. There is a bit of a "black hole" over Devon, so your data would be appreciated!

Click this link for a bigger picture:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2247/2251514293_9957050b2f_o.jpg
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 08:28:18 AM by Allocator »

keenrw

Re: Devon
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 05:21:27 PM »
Thanks you very much for the info

Rich