anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 3D - Comments  (Read 70340 times)

Frank

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 3D - Comments
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 12:04:04 PM »
Tracking an aircraft is real fun with this program.

Frank

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 12:06:54 PM »
I am just getting blue and red circles in 3D not the plane models themselves.

Increase the performance settings in the 3D settings.

Frank

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »
The split view makes it possible to use 2d and 3d as well in one screen. A final screenshot looking down.

Frank

[attachment deleted by admin]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 12:28:57 PM »
Frank, could you perhaps put screenshots in the Screenshots forum.  These big jpegs really slow down scrolling through this post.  Thanks.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4293
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:30:49 PM by tarbat »

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 01:50:48 PM »
Just a few remaining issues:

1. When replaying a recording, aircraft models and trails don't appear on screen.  You can double-click on an aircraft and the 3D view locates the aircraft position, but no aircraft and no trails.  Making it difficult to test new 3D models in development.

2. If you select a smaller size "fixed scale" for the aircraft model in preferences, then the 2D icon of an aircraft doesn't reduce in size so that it is a similar size to a 3D model.

3. It doesn't remember what external KMZs you've selected.  I just restarted Radarbox, and it's forgotten that I selected the UK airspace KMZ.

Tarbat--
1. 3D Mode doesn't yet support playback mode. It's in the works and will be available in an upcoming update.

2. Thanks for pointing out the fixed scale 2D icon, we'll put that on our list of items to fix.

3. The external KML manager resets to 'empty' after a restart. We are working on implementing a 'save' feature.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 02:20:22 PM by AirNav 3D Development »

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 02:01:20 PM »
Hi all,

One issue i'm having which may be something i'm doing wrong.  But when I go to the aircraft that's on the 'Ground', or when i'm following an aircraft or in pilots view and it changes to 'Ground', I'm nowhere near the runway.  In fact, it looks like i'm still in the air about a mile away.

I'm in Sydney Australia.. do I have to put anything in the preferences altitude offset or is something wrong somewhere else?

Gleff--
You'll need to tweak your 'hardware altitude offset' in the 3D View settings (under 'Advanced Settings'). Set a negative value (i.e. -1000) when you have an aircraft that should be at ground level. Keep tweaking this value until the aircraft is as close to the ground as possible. This will compensate for the differences between what the aircraft are reporting and what the 3D Map displays.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »
Before contemplating a 3D upgrade can anyone show me what a screen shot would look like in a heavily trafficked area. All the shots I have seen so far only have very few aircraft visible.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 02:43:22 PM »
Before contemplating a 3D upgrade can anyone show me what a screen shot would look like in a heavily trafficked area. All the shots I have seen so far only have very few aircraft visible.

Here's a quick screenshot of networked aircraft over London, if that helps.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »
Thanks Tarbat,

Does look a bit cluttered with lots of Aircraft with no labels.

Will need to think abpout this a bit longer.

GlynH

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 03:25:12 PM »
Nice to see 3D released at last...thanks AirNav!

Is it only me or does £90 seem very expensive for a software only upgrade especially as when 3D was first mooted it was alluded to that it might be a free or low cost upgrade option?

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3333.msg31579#msg31579

Not looking for something for nothing here as I have it already, obviously I realise that development time has to be paid for and TBH it didn't really come as a shock as W&S had listed this upgrade price some time ago on their website...although I thought they had made a mistake on pricing back then but £90?

Seems a little steep IMHO...maybe I'm in the minority as usual! ;^)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:38:50 PM by GlynH »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 03:28:22 PM »
Thanks Tarbat,

The London area is very cluttered with aircraft :-)

You can manually set the size of the aircraft in Preferences.  If you don't do this, RB auto-sizes the aircraft to make them easier to see - but it does make them much larger than life-size.

I adjust my settings depending on what part of the world I'm viewing.

You can also choose what information is displayed in the aircraft label and also change the size of this too.

lambertw

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 03:44:32 PM »
Out of my price range as well Glyn.
Thanks Tarbat,

The London area is very cluttered with aircraft :-)

You can manually set the size of the aircraft in Preferences.  If you don't do this, RB auto-sizes the aircraft to make them easier to see - but it does make them much larger than life-size.

I adjust my settings depending on what part of the world I'm viewing.

You can also choose what information is displayed in the aircraft label and also change the size of this too.

Is it only me or does £90 seem very expensive for a software only upgrade especially as when 3D was first mooted it was alluded to that it might be a free or low cost upgrade option?

Not looking for something for nothing here as I have it already, obviously I realise that development time has to be paid for and TBH it didn't really come as a shock as W&S had listed this upgrade price some time ago on their website...although I thought they had made a mistake on pricing back then but £90?

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 03:45:09 PM »
What happens next? I do not see any explanation unless I have missed it somewhere. I have placed an order and paid and had both Airnav and Paypal emails. Order is being processed. What happens next? Am I sent a link to download the upgrade?
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

EMA

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 03:48:22 PM »
If you read the 3D announcement email you can download the software then Airnav will activate the 3D when they process your details.

EMA

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Hi Glyn

Software development is expensive these days although I have no idea of the amount of work put in by the development team other than they have been working on this for some time.

When I first used 3d I was very sceptical and could not see me wanting it, now after using it for some time I would not want to be without it. To be able to fly and approach or take off from my local airfield becomes very addictive.

It is also good to see you have the choice of 2D and 3D or even both!

Kevin