anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: radarbox  (Read 4553 times)

donburrows

radarbox
« on: February 16, 2010, 03:02:44 PM »
my radarbox has stopped working again

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: radarbox
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »
When you got it returned from Airnav last time, did they say what the problem had been?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »
my radarbox has stopped working again

What has stopped working?

Give us a clue :-)

donburrows

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 04:21:21 PM »
went off sunday morning came back on monday morning ok all day ,went off again this morning at 10.05 .picked up about 5 flights since including helicopter that flew ovehead,
and a thomson flight which left robin hood about 2pm 'soon lost that ,have changed computers usb cable and antenna

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 04:41:41 PM »
Your fault seems to be a strange one and the same as you reported before.  In the previous cases reported, either the RB works or it doesn't.

Do you still get the green 'connected' indications in the RB interface? Do you loose Network traffic as well?  Are you switching the PC off during these periods or unplugging the antenna?

You say that you picked up a helicopter, I presume that you mean in the list?  You wouldn't see a helicopter for long even in the list due to it's relatively low altitude.

How much traffic do you normally see?  What range does your polar diagram go out to?

There are occasions when I think that my RB has stopped picking up local traffic, but it's usually just that there isn't any traffic out there - even in the London area overnight.

donburrows

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »
still get the green light on ,blue light flashing every second.network traffic ok.the computer is on 24/7 on my supplied antenna my polar diagram  goes over the north sea past goles ,north up to lba ,west to mid pennines ,south to south coast.the antenna is outside the bedroom window on a pole about gutter hight.i am in a dip. my radarrama antenna is in the loft ,iget better coverage to the north  egnt and the south west.if i go mobile onto maltby crags in my reliant rialto i can pick up to 120 flights ,at home i get 20 t0 40 .watching traffic flightradar 24 ,no delay like network

donburrows

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 04:06:51 PM »
started working again yesteday at 21.37 ,off for 8 1/2 hours