AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aircraft Movement DB (NavData.db3)  (Read 3033 times)

Navigation123

Aircraft Movement DB (NavData.db3)
« on: February 13, 2010, 05:53:30 PM »
Hi All,

I understand that the NavData.db3 file is the location of all a/c seen by the radarbox. I am mainly interested in the raw data for exporting to a SQL db and am pondering whether I actually need a physical radarbox or whether I can use the AirNav Live Flight Tracker and get a/c information in the same type of NavData.db3 file.  So my questions are:

- Does the RB and AirNav Live Flight Tracker both store information in .db3 files?
- Is there a sample NavData.db3 available to check what the schema is?

I don't want to buy either solution if I can't get to the data such as routing, registration, lat/long...

Cheers!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Aircraft Movement DB (NavData.db3)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 06:00:17 PM »
Hi Navigation123 and welcome to the forum.

That's not quite right. Navdata.db3 is the database of aircraft, airports, airlines, routes and aircraft type codes that is provided when you download the software, and most of its tables are updated when new flights are received on the local hardware and on the network.

A separate database, MyLog.db3, contains details of the aircraft detected by your local hardware.

You can download the software for free to try it in demo mode abd to look at these databases. Link is here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3962.0

Hope that helps

Rod
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 06:56:38 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

Navigation123

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 10:09:21 PM »
Rod,

Many thanks for the information. I will d/l this and have a look. Do you by any chance know if the "AirNav Live Flight Tracker" would store the information in the same/similar format?

Many thanks...

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 11:25:32 PM »
I think I'm right in saying that the Live Flight Tracker doesn't keep any such databases or logs - I think "live" means it - it's a web-service and no history is kept on your local computer.

Rod
Rod