anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ANRB403 Available - Non-Beta Version  (Read 24764 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
ANRB403 Available - Non-Beta Version
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:30:15 PM »
First of all a big thank you for all your help in RadarBox 3D development process.
This non-beta release is not time limited anymore so we are offering you RadarBox 3D is appreciation for your help during the development process.

The final non-beta version of RadarBox 3D is now available for download.

Try it at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/403/ANRB403Setup.exe

All reported bugs corrected.
At this point any suggestion or very minor bug will not be implemented/corrected as the application is about to be released.

Please focus on the installation process, files copied, demo mode, how application performs, etc.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:39:56 PM by AirNav Development »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: ANRB403 Available - Non-Beta Version
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 07:39:03 PM »
Installed fine, manuals seem OK (though English manual front page says "RadarBox 2009")

Will try demo mode soon.

Still no BAE 146 models?

EDIT I see we have B463, but not RJ85.

Rod

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:37:20 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:50:37 PM »
Just using Demo mode now - it's working fine, but it does seem odd to be using data from 2007 - just seen a BMED plane with an ID of LAJ - so there's no chance of getting a livery for that!

Perhaps some more recent data would be good!

Rod
Rod

EMA

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:59:03 PM »
No problems with the installation. The program runs fine on Vista and Windows 7.

I have been running the new install for about 5 hours with no issues, it switches nicely between 2D and 3D views.

Kevin

Falcon

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:42:36 PM »
Hi,

Installed on Windows 7 X64. Clean install.

Drivers for the radarbox had to be installed by going to device manager and then selecting the RB folder with the drivers. It just came up failed driver if you installed the radarbox software and then plugged the Radarbox into the USB port.

Needed to run as administrator on compatibility tab so the dat files would write otherwise every restart of the app started with no data from a previous session.

No Air Canada livery which I think should be in there very soon if possible. Westjet is another but not before Air Canada.

The odd time going to "follow aircraft" resulted in no image what so ever of the aircraft. It's as if it was following a ghost. Westjet aircraft seem to be the worst for some reason or it could just be a coincidence so far. I'll keep an eye on it.

Overall opinion of app in it's current state. Awesome! but you may have some minor issues from customers if you launched now.

Thank-you!!!

Falcon

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »
Also the aircraft/flight info popup box when clicking on an aircraft doesn't always have an X available to close the popup and you have to wait for a time-out.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 10:21:08 PM »
Also the aircraft/flight info popup box when clicking on an aircraft doesn't always have an X available to close the popup and you have to wait for a time-out.

Hi Falcon,

If you move the map a bit with your mouse after the popup shows up, it will force it to disappear. That's a quick way to close it. Eventually we will find a better solution for closing this 'balloon', however the Google Earth plugin is very limited in how we can control it.

Falcon

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 12:26:06 AM »
Hi,

I can't save a screen shot to the desktop even though I'm running as an administrator. Can't really think what to do to get by this one at the moment.

Method of save is file menu - screen shot - save to file

Also when it asks to open the file after the save nothing happens which could make sense as no file seems to exist.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:30:26 AM by Falcon »

prbflight

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 12:36:57 AM »
Is the network down?  I can't connect since upgrading.

Paul@cyyb

Falcon

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 12:40:57 AM »
Is the network down?  I can't connect since upgrading.

Paul@cyyb

Hi Paul,

I have the network here (delayed version)

Darryl

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 12:41:23 AM »
Network is on.
Screen shots are onyl available on 2D mode.

prbflight

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 12:53:51 AM »
Ok I didn't have the USB plugged in.  I switched from my desktop to my laptop as it runs 3D better and guess what I forgot to do....  It's been a long day.

Great support AirNav...middle of a Sunday night and I got a response in minutes.  Keep up the great work!  That's what makes you guys number one!

Paul@cyyb

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:15:24 AM by prbflight »

Falcon

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 12:55:25 AM »
Ok I didn't have the USB plugged in.  I switched from my desktop to my laptop as it runs 3D better and guess what I forgot to do....  It's been a long day.

Paul@cyyb

It's ok I'm just checking the manual to see if I should of remembered the screen shots only working in 2d :-)

prbflight

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 01:17:48 AM »
Ok I didn't have the USB plugged in.  I switched from my desktop to my laptop as it runs 3D better and guess what I forgot to do....  It's been a long day.

Paul@cyyb

It's ok I'm just checking the manual to see if I should of remembered the screen shots only working in 2d :-)

A long day for you too then?  Glad I'm not the only one.  Take care.

Paul@cyyb

Frank

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 09:24:22 AM »
Installed the exe.on my Windows 7 64 bits system with no problems. Working smooth and stable (maximum myflights-minimum network flights chosen). Demo-mode works fine. Pity the Dornier 228 did not make it (yet).

One bug reported remains: the Preferences window jumping to the background when ticked (not always, but occasionally). Great product though, enjoying it thanks to you...

Frank