anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trial downloads  (Read 16418 times)

theoldcop

Trial downloads
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:01:30 AM »
I was wondering if anyone can explain why I need to put in all of my credit card data just to download a trial?  I am a registered user of two products (ACARS 2.1 and AirNav Suite 4).  I lost my hard drive and I am trying to re-download the products.  I have already requested the reg/license info via the normal support channel, but I find the "trial download" issue very frustrating.

John

theoldcop

Re: Trial downloads
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 04:33:07 AM »
I just managed to find the name, pers. id and reg. code for both software packages (will let support know in the appropriate venue).  Now if someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction for downloads?

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 02:06:19 PM »
Hi John - they are here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3962.0

And welcome to the forum - BTW this is really a topic for the main discussion forum rather than this one.

Good luck with it.

Rod
Rod

theoldcop

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 03:44:57 PM »
Rod,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.  Unfortunately I am somewhat perplexed as the link you provided takes me to an AirNav announcement regarding Radar Box.  Although I truly hope to acquire one someday, it's just in the budget at this time. That said, I have had some difficulty finding a forum for the airNav ACARS and SUITE 4 products.  Might you be able to provide that link?

BTW - I am currently working with AirNav support (QUICK replies!) with regards to my ACARS photo issue.

Best,
John, KB2COP
www.theoldcop.net

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 04:57:55 PM »
AirNav may get a little cross because this is not a forum for the discussion of AirNav Suite 4 or Decoder. However, as far as I know, the trial downloads are the full working programs with the sole exception that they are time limited. Once you enter your registration details then they should operate as before. So, simply copy the trials enter your codes and you should be OK.

I took the precaution of reserving the downloads on CD so that on the occasions when I have lost the HDD or had to re-load it I could just copy the software from CD.

I now use an external hard drive for backup.

theoldcop

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 06:05:56 PM »
Thank you all and my apologies.

Done.

John, KB2COP
www.theoldcop.net

tunnster

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 10:23:16 PM »
Did anyone else find it hard to actually find the link to the cancel page, infact I still haven't found it, I had to email the cancellation of my 7 Day trial, and even though its been only 6 days, my Credit Card has been charged, with little help from AirNav or Plimus.

Plimus have a very bad online reputation for fraud, so maybe its not Airnavs fault, I guess I will just leave it to Visa, but Buyer be aware with this guys.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:37:55 PM by tunnster »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 10:37:56 PM »
I've used Plimus for many web purchases and subscriptions and have never had any problems.  You make a very serious statement about their reputation and I hope that you have proof of this, otherwise you are asking for trouble!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
All trial instructions are cleared explained on the site and you have our H24 support available by email. Plimus is one of the world's biggest software vendors together with Digital River.

tunnster

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »
SO where are the trial instructions clearly labeled?

A link would be great!