anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 7 Issue  (Read 7497 times)

apjwright

Windows 7 Issue
« on: February 04, 2010, 02:15:47 PM »
Hi.  have just installed ANRB on my brand-new Win7 64-bit HP laptop and am having problems getting going.

The program starts fine, log in, etc. and then pops up the Preferences screen to enter Home Station Data.  No problems, until I press the 'OK' button ... it will not save and close the preferences screen.  have turned off UAC to no avail.

What am I not doing?  Help ....

Thanks,
Tony

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Windows 7 Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 02:26:50 PM »
I think someone previously suggested starting up in DEMO mode, set home location in Preferences, then exit and starup in normal mode.

Worth a try.

klm

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Turning off UAC has no effect because you have not the ful control off the c drive.
Taking control of it must solve the problem.

apjwright

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:34:42 PM »
Tarbat's suggestion worked great - thanks.

In the long-run, I would hope that the issue is going to be fixed properly by AirNav development?

Tony

klm

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »
This has nothing to do with the airnav software but its a microsoft problem.
after time you will encounter this problem with other software to.

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 03:57:01 PM »
Glad to see this post in here as I am about to load up my new radar box tonight onto a Windows 7 64bit machine.  I will let you know if I have the same problems.

SBS convert!!

johnboy

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 10:12:19 PM »
Welcome on board,hope you enjoy your RB as we all do.
Good luck with the download.

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 08:57:50 AM »
I have loaded up Airnav 3.10 onto Windows 7 now.  System works but quirky problem in that I cannot make changes in the File/Preferences window.  The window opens but does not display in full.  I cannot Apply the changes as thiws part of the window is not visible and I cannot resize the window either.  I have tried differenrt screen resolutions but to no avail.  Is there an INI file where these settings are stored that I can change manually?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 09:25:36 AM »
Start as demo mode, enter the details in the preferences settings and then exit and start as normal.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »
I have loaded up Airnav 3.10 onto Windows 7 now.  System works but quirky problem in that I cannot make changes in the File/Preferences window.  The window opens but does not display in full.  I cannot Apply the changes as thiws part of the window is not visible and I cannot resize the window either.  I have tried differenrt screen resolutions but to no avail.  Is there an INI file where these settings are stored that I can change manually?

What Windows screen resolutions have you tried?  Are you using a non-standard (larger) Windows font? The Preferences window is visible unless you are running either a smaller than normal screen (like on a Netbook) or if you are using a larger than normal Windows font.

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »
I am using standard Windows font size having just installed Windows 7 64bit.  I have made no changes to the default Windows settings.  I am running a Dell 1555 studio at 1920 x 1080 resolutions which worked ok under Vista 64bit.  I also tried starting in demo mode but his had no effect.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »
I am using standard Windows font size having just installed Windows 7 64bit.  I have made no changes to the default Windows settings.

I think the default in Windows 7 on some PCs (Acer for example) is a 125% font size.  You need to set that to 100% to see the whole of the preferences dialog box.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 10:09:20 AM »
I had this prob and it was when I set my screen font to 125%.

Right click on the desktop and select 'Screen resolution'. Now select 'Make text and other items larger or smaller'. Now make sure 100% is ticked.

If that does not fix it then download and install ResizeEnable from here:

http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/downloads.html

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
Hi Tom - perfect - resizable worked a treat.  Prior to that I loaded the Airnav software on my friends laptop and tab through the different options in usnison so that I could apply my changes.  Now up and running in Estepona, Spain, and date sharing.  Next project is an external antenna.

Thanks guys for all the help.

Ken