anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Freezzzzing  (Read 5502 times)

phil2004

Freezzzzing
« on: January 09, 2010, 12:30:55 AM »
It's freezing here -5 in the shade now (is to get to -13) ..EIDW 6 miles away is reporting -9 and windchill is -13..we are supposed to have the coldest weekend for eons...it's now I wonder about my coax standards and max temps ...they look twice as big and white with snow and ice..earlier my main computer died when I tried to start it up ...it was suffering from a chill I think...Amazing to see EIDW still operating as normal....would love to hear from more northerly folk who can maybe beat these temperatures...Brrrr

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Freezzzzing
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 01:07:47 AM »
Rod

phil2004

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 01:30:27 AM »
Thanks Rod ...I can't compete ...this is amazing weather..and I'd love to hear all the stories from all users who suffer these extremes...and my coax just failed 20 minutes ago...hard to build for extremes...by the way ..I am still snowed in..and Sunday is looking terrible

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:18:26 AM »
would love to hear from more northerly folk who can maybe beat these temperatures...Brrrr

You don't need to go north for cold temperatures!!.

We've just returned from a 1,400 mile trip to Devon and back.   One of the coldest temps we had was -16c in Devon on Thursday morning when we left to return home.   Absolute coldest was -18c on Friday morning at the Westmoreland Hotel just off the M6.  That was so cold that the spare bottle of screenwash I keep in the boot was frozen solid!!

Got back home in the far north of Scotland, and it's +2c and sunny, and my weather station shows only a low of -8.1c (in open air) and -6.1c (under cover) over the last week.  Since most of the airfields up here are on the coast, I'd imagine they've been equally "warm".

Must go and clean the car now - 1,400 miles-worth of salt :(
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:38:11 AM by tarbat »

eggplant

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 12:53:39 PM »
Thanks looks like interesting weather station set up Tarbat. Can I ask what it is exactly - i.e. the make etc. ?

Ta

Eggplant

Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 01:51:31 PM »
Thanks looks like interesting weather station set up Tarbat. Can I ask what it is exactly - i.e. the make etc. ?

It's a TFA Nexus - been using it for a couple of years now to monitor temperature, humidity, windspeed, rain, etc.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1164.msg8760#msg8760

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »
No need to drive to Devon I could have told you how cold it is on the edge of Exmoor!  Let me know when you come again and I will treat you to a cream tea.
Best wishes,  Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

phil2004

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 05:56:33 PM »
Those are amazing figures Tarbat, I would never have thought it could get that cold and I guess it may get colder. More snow is due here tonight (a lot!) so I am staying in next to my computer!.

eggplant

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 10:03:36 PM »

It's a TFA Nexus - been using it for a couple of years now to monitor temperature, humidity, windspeed, rain, etc.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1164.msg8760#msg8760

Thanks for the info Tarbat - looks good. Unfortunately it isn't available on the website mentioned on the other thread, though somewhere on Amazon market place it is going for £200. Any ideas on how to convince my missus we absolutely need one ?

Ta
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.