AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless USB and Radar Box  (Read 4836 times)

blantonl

Wireless USB and Radar Box
« on: January 06, 2010, 12:38:40 AM »
Hi Folks,

Has anyone been able to get the AirNav RadarBox working with a Wireless USB connection?  I purchased a Belkin Home Base Wireless USB Hub, and unfortunately the AirNav box does not work want to with it.  The AirNav box connects just fine through this wireless hub, and the AirNav software recognizes it as connected, however I get no messages received and the USB blue light never lights up.  I can confirm that the box does connect to the PC over the hub via Wireless USB.

Any ideas?

I've updated the FTDI drivers to the absolute latest, in addition to searching for latest firmware and drivers for the Belkin Homebase Wireless USB Hub (there are no updates).

My intentions are to place a wireless USB hub in the attic with the AirNav Radar Box decoder to minimize cable length, and access from a PC on the ground floor of my home.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Lindsay C. Blanton III
President / Owner
RadioReference.com LLC
http://www.radioreference.com

kaifone

Re: Wireless USB and Radar Box
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 10:49:30 PM »
Hi Folks,

Has anyone been able to get the AirNav RadarBox working with a Wireless USB connection?  I purchased a Belkin Home Base Wireless USB Hub, and unfortunately the AirNav box does not work want to with it.  The AirNav box connects just fine through this wireless hub, and the AirNav software recognizes it as connected, however I get no messages received and the USB blue light never lights up.  I can confirm that the box does connect to the PC over the hub via Wireless USB.

Any ideas?

I've updated the FTDI drivers to the absolute latest, in addition to searching for latest firmware and drivers for the Belkin Homebase Wireless USB Hub (there are no updates).

My intentions are to place a wireless USB hub in the attic with the AirNav Radar Box decoder to minimize cable length, and access from a PC on the ground floor of my home.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Lindsay C. Blanton III
President / Owner
RadioReference.com LLC
http://www.radioreference.com

Hello try with Olidata wireless usb adapter set, it worked for me, just bit unstable and crash the system every once in the while!

http://www.olidata.com/wusb/?productid=1

ciao

TGA388

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »
Looks like a good idea, will come in useful in the warmer months to be outside and see more above the house without miles of cable from the box and ariel.
Just two questions, how much does it cost? And where can I get one?

Best regards, Dave.

cq59

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »
Hi I use a wireless connection to a BT home Hub and have had no problems at all. So there is hope

airman

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »
Hi, Kaifone, As I saw on the olidata website, the maximun range for a such wireless connection is 10 meters in clear view. It is not very efficient mainly in case of implementation of RB in the roof close of aerial and a little far from the PC. May you give us more details about your setting?

hi cq95, also may you give us more details about your solutions?

Thanks
 and happy new year to all trackers

TGA388

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 05:12:07 PM »
Hi I use a wireless connection to a BT home Hub and have had no problems at all. So there is hope

Interesting... I also have a BT Homehub, how do you connect and setup to send to a remote computer?

Thanks in advance, Dave