anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 Monitors on 1 PC ?  (Read 4592 times)

KILO21

2 Monitors on 1 PC ?
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:01:49 PM »
What i would like to do is to have 2 monitors one displaying aircraft info the other showing a full screen map. i kind of managed this by stretching airnav across 2 monitors (see photo) but the map isn't full screen.  i think the problem is you can't un-dock the map window,  then maximise it in the second monitor, or i can't anyway - any ideas

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: 2 Monitors on 1 PC ?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:10:38 PM »
It's on the RadarBox wish list and has been suggested by a number of users.  Apparently it is a bit of a programming challenge.

I recently got a second monitor for my laptop that runs at 1600 x 900 - fantastic!  Only cost GBP119 from Staples.  It effectively gives the same display as you show in your picture - but only using the monitor rather than the laptop screen.

Pinza

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 06:59:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum KILO21.

Yes I tried splitting the screen across my laptop and an existing (small and redundant) monitor like you. Not a great success as individual windows are currently undockable - as you say.

Best bet, as Allocator says, is to invest in a large second screen.

I got a nice Acer 21.5 inch LCD that runs ANRB 3.13 exclusively at a great resolution of 1920x1080 - displays everything I want on the one screen - both radar window and interface. Just had to tinker with font sizes (in preferences) to make plane details legible.

This then frees up my laptop screen for other things - like browsing this forum!

I paid GBP119 for my widescreen monitor from Argos a couple of months ago (and got a £10 voucher back too) - a great investment not just for ANRB but for many other programs - photo-editing etc etc

Tailwinds

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 08:50:38 PM »
I use two monitors on my setup as well. I also sometimes will stretch the application so that the Radar is on one screen and the details on the other but the details side of it only fills half of the screen. We definitely need to have an option where we can undock the radar portion and move it about wherever we like.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

pcochrane12

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 09:18:06 AM »
ive found that bye minimising down first then stretching and adjusting ive got one screen full with my map and the other with just the interface tried to show this on a photo but the quaility aint good

steve1970

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 04:17:07 AM »
Yes that definitely works very well :-) Never thought about stretching across the 2 screens!!!
Much better.

Steve