AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with AirNav and Libhomeradar running together?  (Read 8218 times)

NickJackson

Problem with AirNav and Libhomeradar running together?
« on: December 27, 2009, 10:29:01 AM »
Since running AirNav I've been unable to run Libhomerader due to the message "Too many simultaneous database queries at the moment."   

Is there some sort of database conflict going on?

Any info would be of help.

Thanks
Nick Jackson

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Problem with AirNav and Libhomeradar running together?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 10:51:49 AM »
Not familiar with Libhomeradar.  Is this a RadarBox or a Libhomeradar error message?

What version of RB software are you running and how does it interact with Libhomeradar?

I use a number of RB add-ons such as SquawkBox, JSTARS, PlanePlotter etc and these all run OK.

NickJackson

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »
Libhomeradar is an excellent web-site that reports flights logged based upon select call-signs, registrations or mode-s codes.   It has no link with AirNav/RB but there seems to be some sort of windows/pc/database conflict.

I'm on RB 2.01 purely because I haven't had time to upgrade, I'm concerned about software reliablity in the new version and don't need the 3D interface. 

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 05:20:58 PM »

I'm on RB 2.01 purely because I haven't had time to upgrade, I'm concerned about software reliablity in the new version and don't need the 3D interface. 

RadarBox V3.13 is the current release version of the software - it's not Beta and I would recommend you download it and do the full install.  It installs into a different directory to V2.01, so you don't need to uninstall the earlier version and you can then run either version :-)  It's rock solid as far as I'm concerned.

The 3D software hasn't been released yet, so no danger of getting that accidentally.  It's still with the Beta team for testing.

EK01

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
Since running AirNav I've been unable to run Libhomerader due to the message "Too many simultaneous database queries at the moment."

I got the same message when I tried it a while ago, and gave up.  I presume it reads and/or updates the Radarbox database, and these get locked whenever updates are being made.

Currently running RB and just been on Libhomeradar and performed database searches without any problems. Must have just been a temporary glitch.

NickJackson

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 06:44:44 PM »
Will try the 3.13 version when I get time.

It's not a temporary glitch as it's been the same for weeks on end. I was hoping it would go away but obviously that's not going to happen.  I'll e-mail Libhomeradar and see what they say.

elal

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 06:21:07 PM »
I have (unfortunally) not got RB, and was also getting the same message on Lib home radae.
I sent a email to Lib radar asking what the problem is, and this is the respone I got:
"No not down but a lot of users are currently use the system. In 2010 i
will try to split the database to improve the speed.

Happy new year"

neroon79

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »
I noticed this Problem the first time about 2 month ago. In the very early (04:30AM) hours of the day it still works "within normal parameters".

Finally they struggle by their own success, I guess.

A Tip: Usually the detailed database query's are working as the should. I seems, that only the multifunction search field is affected by the overload.  
http://www.libhomeradar.org/databasequery/index.php

Libhomeradar is an excellent web-site that reports flights logged based upon select call-signs, registrations or mode-s codes.   It has no link with AirNav/RB but there seems to be some sort of windows/pc/database conflict.
As a matter of fact this is not completely true. Because the logged Callsigns/Routing information and the A/C activity index of each A/C is done by a small transmission Software which is able to reed the Port 30003 output of the SBS and the Airnav RB and send this Info to the libhomeradar Database.

By using the personal pages the site provides you some statistic functions of your transmitted Data. There is also the possibility to generate daily reports with different layouts. Further the Personal sites can give you information about first time logged AirCraft for each day of your Data transmission.

I use libhomeradar as an additional tool to the MyLOG Database of the RB Software.

Happy new Year from snowy northern Germany.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:46:39 PM by neroon79 »
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3