anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Photo Download  (Read 7816 times)

Wayne

Photo Download
« on: January 30, 2008, 02:11:44 PM »
Hi

I don't seem to get downloaded photos of aircraft. When I click on the line of information in My Flights or Network flights there is a message "Downloading Photo Information" which always results in "No Photo Available". The aircraft are not particularly rare aircraft either.

I have checked the Download Aircraft Photo tick box on the Preferences/RadarBox tab which is checked and I am connected to the Internet at the time.

If I have received a mode-s code and no registration then clicking on the mode-s populates the registration (if known) so this I think proves my connection to the Internet is good.

Does anyone else have trouble downloading photos ?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Photo Download
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 02:22:36 PM »
What is your default internet browser?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »
I am fairly sure it's IE Explorer but I will check when I get home. I am using a brand new laptop and haven't customised much yet so the standard defaults will apply

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »
Confirm you have both download pictures and the download 2 pictures checked?
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 03:31:32 PM »
No, just the download pictures is checked

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 03:51:40 PM »
Tick both of them, its a known bug which will be fixed in the next version.
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:00:32 PM »
Wayne,

This from an earlier post by me.  Do a search for "photo download" by Allocator for the whole thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Note: You must have "Download 2 aircraft photos" ticked.

- If you already have one photo in the Data/Photo directory - say G-AABB.jpg then you will have a problem as RB will not download a second picture nor will it search the GAS database (bug - reported)

- If you have no photo of that aircraft, then the GAS database is searched, the RB database is updated, and 2 photo's are downloaded (this is correct).

- If you have no photo in the Data/Photo directory, and the airliners.net site only has one picture anyway, then the GAS database isn't searched etc (bug - reported)

- Solutions:

-- Delelete all your ****.jpg photos in the Data/Photo/ directory and let RB start again

-- Or, delete all the single jpg photos in the directory.  File names are G-AABB.jpg and G-AABB,2.jpg for the second picture.

-- If there is only one photo on the airliners.net site, download it twice and save the second identical photo as ****,2.jpg

Yes, the sort order in the list is a pain, but there is a solution on the way which should be better all round.

Wayne

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 06:05:36 PM »
Hi

I really don't know what has happened here but after setting the boxes to show 2 photos, after some period of attempting to close the preferences subframe, the photo downloads started working and continue to do so. I will bear in mind your solutions but for now as it's working I may wel leave alone.

Thanks once again for excellent support

Wayne