anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Coventry EGBE goes bust!!  (Read 6111 times)

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
Coventry EGBE goes bust!!
« on: December 10, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »
Hey guys, as my nearest airport (10NM) I was saddened to here that Coventry has gone belly up this week! All flights have been suspended and ATC transferred to other locations.
This means that for now at least I'll lose the Gloucester Meteor, DC3's, Electra etc that often depart from EGBE. Goodness knows what the Cargo situation is with Night Express, West Air and Air Atlantic. Also the Air Museum often use the airport for trials.

Pinza

Re: Coventry EGBE goes bust!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 09:57:17 PM »
Sad news indeed - especially as it is (was) my local airport!
Have seen a lot of BizJet activity locally over the past two weeks - I guess these were planes getting out of there before the closure?

I moved to the Rugby area about six years ago (in search of work) and (at the time) every other car and house had "Say NO to proposed Rugby Airport".

Alistair Darling (Transport Secretary at the time) said no - shame as the proposals were for a massive international airport that would have added greatly to my MyFlights log and convenience for holiday flights!

Residents of local villages and supporters of the Copenhagen Climate Summit probably had different views then and now...

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:58:54 PM by Pinza »

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 09:58:11 PM »
Sad news indeed

Spent some memorable times at Coventry, ambling around the various hangars, always something of interest either vintage or modern
Fingers crossed that things improve and a rescue bid comes in?

Rich

Pinza

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 10:56:10 PM »
Had dodgy weather forecasts on a gadget of mine recently - then realised that they were based on the data from EGBE - frozen in time since last report at 1120UTC on 9th Dec....!