AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Import Routes/Acft Data  (Read 2099 times)

pilot sbbh

Import Routes/Acft Data
« on: December 15, 2009, 06:47:37 PM »
I've read lots of posts about importing routes/aircraft data, but none of them could solve my doubts. So, I come here asking for help from someone who understands more deeply about this question. Actually the major part of updates were done to my PC, and yet, I have RB also installed on my notebook. My intention is to copy the routes/acft data already stored on the PC into the notebook. This is possible?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:08:18 PM by pilot sbbh »

Fenris

Re: Import Routes/Acft Data
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »
It should be, simply save the navdata.db3 and mylog.db3 files on the laptop to a backup location, then replace the existing ones with the same files taken from the desktop machine. Obviously RB needs to be stopped when you do this.

pilot sbbh

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 07:22:20 PM »
Tx fenris,

I've tried this way, but it does not work.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 07:37:14 PM »
Tx fenris,

I've tried this way, but it does not work.

It does work.  It has to work as these are the only 2 files holding RB data.  NavData.db3 is the source database that you are editing when you use DataBase Explorer and MyLog.db3 is the historical record of what you have detected with your antenna.

Are you sure that you are copying these from the right place on your desktop to the right place on your laptop?  Not trying to be funny here, but it's possible that you could have more than one RB installation if you have upgraded as the new RB software versions have been released.

pilot sbbh

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 07:54:05 PM »
Indeed, there are two AirNav RadarBox folders installed.
But I could identify the right one, and copy this files.
I've noticed the same files (desktop and notebook) have the same size. I believe that the desktop file should be bigger due to more info updated.

curiously on desktop DATA folder there are two more two files that does not existis on notebook DATA folder. They have the same name, but different extensions. They are named "NavData.db3.bak" and "MyLog.db3.bak". What does it means?

Thank you guys!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:40:15 PM by pilot sbbh »