AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Info about flights> From: To: C/N: Where is it coming from?  (Read 12104 times)

A350

Hi,

in the screenshots i saw the information for the flights: From where the flight comes and where it goes also the C/Ns. The manual tells that there is a database where the user also can make changes.

So i think updated flight-data will be temporay collected online from differend sources and imported into the software over the internet? Is this correct?

When the user decide to have no www sharing / net-function he can make changings in the `route`-database in side the software for himself?

Is it correct that this information is definetly not received in realtime over the antenna?

Thank you for your support.
cheers,
A350
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:09:23 PM by A350 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Info about flights> From: To: C/N: Where is it coming from?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:16:48 PM »
The database with the flight information is update through the internet. If you do/don't have a net connection you can change the database or add new entries.

The data received over the antenna does not include routes or cn details.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 03:02:41 PM »
The data received over the antenna does not include routes or cn details.

Hmmm is there no work around for this?  If data is being cross matched between live and network so as to drop network when a live contact is present, is it not possible to still have the network feed missing data? 

Of course my comment is intended for when software updates :)
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 03:05:55 PM »
sorry did not understand the last post and how it reated to the data recieved from the antenna :) Can you explain it again?
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 03:41:27 PM »
If I understand correctly, then the route information etc is only available from the network data and not from your live data feed (antenna).

My question is:  Since you have something in place to check the difference between Live antenna data and network received data (if live data is present then the network data does not display for that contact) could this check not also include a missing data check:

i.e.

If live is present but is missing Flight Route details then the network supplies the missing parts and does not supply the 5min delay detail that is already contained within the live data.    Understanding this would only be available when connected to network.

Cornwall, UK

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 03:48:53 PM »
I see what you mean now, I have created some confusion with my earlier post:

In my last post I mentioned that the raw data received from antenna does not have route information. However regardless of that fact if the flight number is in the flight database in the RadarBox 2007 database then the route will be displayed. This is the same for network flights as well.

Hope that clears things up ?
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 04:05:58 PM »
:) yep
Cornwall, UK