anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Maximum flights tracked at any one time in MyFlights  (Read 9148 times)

e777

Maximum flights tracked at any one time in MyFlights
« on: December 12, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »
Hi, just out of interest what is the maximum number of flights users have picked up in Myflights at any one time?

My record is 54.

dl1812

Re: Maximum flights tracked at any one time in MyFlights
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 12:29:43 PM »

GlynH

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 12:31:44 PM »
Well I have had 700 on my original RadarBox last year but now don't usually see more than 400-500 airccraft.

There are 327 as I type this...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

e777

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 01:07:43 PM »
Where do you have to be located to get that many? that is amazing GlynH!

GlynH

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »
I am located in Banbury, Oxfordshire but have a friend who lives near me who often 'sees' more than I do as he uses a pre-amp and I do not.

Count has risen a little as can be seen from the attached jpeg.

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

e777

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 02:21:01 PM »
that's a great location, you get all the flights in and out of EGLL and those going up the NW corridor too - very lucky.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 03:12:10 PM »
Glyn, you jammy whatsit, I consider my self lucky to get that sort of number in MyLog - MyFlights 35ish.    Just found your address, beer token going in post!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 03:22:47 PM »
I in one way am very unlucky  all the airspace a round me is closed military airspace today I can only see 4 trackable in my flights list

I  see no commercial flights within a 12 n miles of my postion

puddy
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 03:26:03 PM by puddy »
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)

neroon79

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 05:19:40 PM »
During the day i usually have 60 to 80 A/C in MyFlights. On busy days somewhere between 80 an 100. During the rush hours in the morning and the evening (when they all are leaving or coming home) i get about 150 flights. On Fridays in the late afternoon and early evening up to 200. 

My location is northern Germany 20NM ESE of EDDV(HAJ), which is little bit far away from any big hub like EGGL, LFPG or EDDF.

During a vacation i took my box to EDDF and there i got 300+ (with the original antenna) during the main times.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

GlynH

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 07:12:37 PM »
that's a great location, you get all the flights in and out of EGLL and those going up the NW corridor too - very lucky.

Yeah it's a great location and has served me well over the years for many things RF related especially for things like TV & FM reception and when I dabbled in 27MHz back in the late 70's-early 80's.

Actually my range reaches a bit further than EGLL and the NW corridor ;^)

See attached screenshot showing my Polar Diagram taken just now when there were only 160 aircraft showing in MyFlights.

I'm a little deaf to the West and lose contact with aircraft on the approach to EGLL @ 1000ft but I'm not complaining as I usually see @ 2,500-3000 unique Mode-S aircraft every day!

As people say its all about location, location, location! ;^)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 07:16:47 PM by GlynH »

GlynH

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 07:18:07 PM »
Glyn, you jammy whatsit, I consider my self lucky to get that sort of number in MyLog - MyFlights 35ish.    Just found your address, beer token going in post!

Hey Jon,

I'll keep a lookout! ;^)

Fond regards,
-=Glyn=-

e777

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 07:20:19 PM »
You've got most of England covered in realtime then - i'm going green with envy! Do you have a permanent external aerial and are you pretty high up?

dca

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 07:22:14 PM »
Glyn,

Are you also located on top of a small mountain, thats an amazing polar diagram!!

I get up to 150 max (peak hours in summer) from my location just to the south of LGW but am obstructed a little to the NW.

Do you share this fantastic data on the newtwork? If so thanks!!

Dave

9 nm south of LGW

GlynH

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 10:26:35 PM »
You've got most of England covered in realtime then - i'm going green with envy! Do you have a permanent external aerial and are you pretty high up?

Hi e777,

Google maps, Ordnance Survey & my SatNav's put me @ 450 ft asl and I am just about the highest (or second highest) point in Banbury whose town is built in a dip...I am on the outskirts.

I use a Watson 1090MHz (I think it is also called the Radar Extender) on top of a 17 foot pole fixed to the gable end of my house and run @ 7m of Westflex 103 ot the RB which is in the loft well away from any RFI/EMI.

I used to use a Lantronix UBox 2210 USB->Ethernet adaptor but now simply use a 5m active USB cable to my main PC.

I still yearn after a solid ethernet solution though...

Pictures of antenna array attached FYI.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

GlynH

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »
Glyn,

Are you also located on top of a small mountain, thats an amazing polar diagram!!

I get up to 150 max (peak hours in summer) from my location just to the south of LGW but am obstructed a little to the NW.

Do you share this fantastic data on the newtwork? If so thanks!!

Dave

On a mountain? Now that would be nice...:0(

Not sure of the range but I often track aircraft into The Netherlands, well into France etc.

When my box is running (which is usually 24/7 software permitting) I always feed the network although I never use it myself much preferring to track what I can actually 'see' live with my own box.

I did try a Kuhne 1090 pre-amp (not to increase the number of contacts but as protection against the dreaded ESD or whatever it is that kills RadarBoxes) but it actually reduced the amount of aircraft I could see by @50% although it didn't seem to affect the range as I could still see aircraft into The Netherlands, France etc. :-(

Any idea why that would be Airnav?

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-