anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shannon - December 26th - meat in the sandwich !  (Read 15720 times)

EINN-07

Shannon - December 26th - meat in the sandwich !
« on: December 27, 2007, 12:16:45 AM »
Hi all,

This screenshot from Shannon today shows USA 733 at FL 340 passing between DLH 410 at FL 320 and DLH 422 at FL 360. Just a pity that the sky was obscured. It would have made a nice sight !! The Lufthansa's were heading for Oceanic entry point DOGAL, the US Air heading well North.

Regards
Gerry

[attachment deleted by admin]

liammccarthy

Re: Shannon - December 26th - meat in the sandwich !
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 06:33:50 PM »
hi gerry ,what do you think of the radarbox? I am thinking of getting one ,but not sure where did you get yours? I think a sbs-1 can be got in England. I live in north cork about 40 miles from cork and about 50 from shannon and i live up high any help? regards liam

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 08:36:54 PM »
We have dealers in the UK as well. Have a look at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/dealers.html
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

EINN-07

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 09:55:05 AM »
Liam,

I have it up and running for a week and a half now. It's a bit like getting a fish tank at first - you can't tear yourself away from it ! Must say I am extremely happy with it and would be even happier if I could move the hill behind the house. They aren't joking when they say it's line of sight. There is a facility to plot the reception footprint of the aerial in the program and it shows all the topography perfectly ! I have picked up aircraft crossing the coast around Dundalk and as far NW as Sligo Bay.

I  am using the standard supplied aerial which is good enough for me - it is an odd sensation at first seeing a plane on screen and looking out the window as it flies past. Next step is a dedicated 1090 Mhz mast but the boss mightn't be too happy more wires running around the house !

Only word of caution is not to try and run this on an old PC or a PC with small memory. My desktop has 256mB and wasn't happy. I now have it on my laptop with 1gB and it's much happier.

There are a few small bugs with the program but there is a new version of the software on the way which hopefully will address these.

Regards
Gerry

liammccarthy

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 10:57:02 AM »
thanks gerry, where did you buy it?

EINN-07

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »
Hi Liam,

I got it from Martin Lynch and Sons in England. Their webiste is hamradio.co.uk.

regards
Gerry