AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarvirtuel.com  (Read 20106 times)

Canonjohns40D

Radarvirtuel.com
« on: November 27, 2009, 06:36:57 PM »
Hi

I received an email, copied below, anyone else seen this or know anything about it?

John

Hi Sir
I am Laurent Duval Webmaster of Radarvirtuel.com
I looking for contributor’s how can share data to complete a Googlemaps project as you can see here: www.radarvirtuel.com
I just need 30003 outbound port open and fixed ip or dyndns.
Could you tell me if sometimes you could share your data from Bangor?
Best regard’s
Laurent Duval
LFRN
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

bratters

Re: Radarvirtuel.com
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:40:17 PM »
I see you have your personal email visible in your details - maybe better advised to hide it.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 06:45:09 PM »
Hi Bratters it's always ben there and never had a problem indeed I've had good advice from the site via that means. I'm reluctant to dump it and i'm not saying this contact is a problm . i simply wondered if anyone esle knew of it or indeed are sharing on it.

thanks though for your concern etc.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 06:57:13 PM »
Sharing the raw socket data direct is a very inefficient architecture for a network project.  Been there, done that, got the t-shirt  :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 08:14:07 PM »
i'm not saying this contact is a problm . i simply wondered if anyone esle knew of it or indeed are sharing on it.
John

I have had a similar email. I thought about it for a couple of days and decided to join in.

In fact, Laurent using "Logmein" made the necessary settings to my PC.

bratters

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
Hi Bratters it's always ben there and never had a problem indeed I've had good advice from the site via that means. I'm reluctant to dump it and i'm not saying this contact is a problm . i simply wondered if anyone esle knew of it or indeed are sharing on it.

thanks though for your concern etc.

John

I must admit I look at Laurent's site from time to time and it's very useful. He could do with a bit more coverage in the UK. though   :)

Aerotower

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 11:12:47 PM »
Hi! I'm participating with my data to the project radarvirtuel. It was he who set up my router so that everything was fine and there was no problem.

bratters

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 11:13:55 AM »
Something puzzling me about all this.

Airnav supply us (RB owners) with Network data - free for a year. After one year, we can continue to use the Network but on a subscription basis, price dependent on whether delayed or live. On the other hand, we could view live, if limited, European data from Radiovirtuel for absolutely nothing.  However, some of this data has originated from those same RB owners that Airnav want to charge for seeing it.

Hope that makes sense but this situation strikes me as bizarre.

While I don't like paying over the odds for anything, I wouldn't want to see the Airnav operation and product suffer by being un-necessarily cash-starved. If, as Airnav claims,  it costs a lot to run the live Network and those costs have to be met, then surely enabling a data supply for the likes of Radiovirtuel to offer a closely competitive product buckshee is akin to shooting yourself in the foot?

Maybe I've got it round my neck?

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »
Presumably RV is a small operation that is running a service with little backup resources and infrastructure or R&D and they do not need any revenue. I know who I would rather use!
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

jannuh

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 12:57:09 PM »
I've shares with radarvirtuel.com on port 30003, had overhere a daily upload of about 500 mB. Think that is about Dave Reids reply.

Daily upload to AN is abt. 25 mB

Radarvirtuel promised me a direct link to my own upload in their system, so i could show my own region on my website.
After 2 weeks uploading still no link did stop me (+ high upload)

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 06:35:57 PM »
Landed in this 10 years old thread by chance.

I am feeding RadarVirtuel since 2018.
Laurent Duval ([email protected]) sent me the feeder software, feeder key, and instructions to install by email.
He offered that in case of difficulty to setup, he can do it for me if I gave him access to RPI through Teamviewer.
However I could do it myself and did not need his help.

Please see attached screenshot. My Radar # is CYYZ1

The feed is from Raspberry PI running dump1090-mutability (works OK with dump1090-fa also).
The feed to RadarVirtuel is "AVR format from port 30002"

I feed following sites from this RPi:

(1) RadarBox24
(2) FlightRadar24
(3) FlightAware
(4) PlaneFinder
(5) Adsbexchange
(6) RadarVirtuel
(7) OpenSky Network
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 06:38:11 PM by abcd567 »