AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to change a country flag on My Flight list  (Read 2406 times)

Bell 407

How to change a country flag on My Flight list
« on: November 18, 2009, 01:10:50 PM »
Hi All,

I would appreciate some assistance with this issue please (see image below):

(1) The code for this aircraft came up as 4006A2 which listed the registration as G-JEAV and showed a UK flag. Correct.
(2) I did a lookup on Airframes.org and found the new registration to be ZS-PUL.
(3) I changed the database to reflect this.

All fine to this point. But now how do I change the flag to be shown as South African?

I can't change the code from 4006A2 to the South African code of 00A9C0 in the database as the aircraft will then not be listed next time around because I take it the code is still set as 4006A2 in the aircraft?

There is a similar issue with an Indian Airbus A343 code 80018B which is now being used by South African Airways and should be using code 00B1F3 as ZS-SXE.

Looking forward to your input.

Tnx,

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: How to change a country flag on My Flight list
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »
You can't.  The country flag is always derived from the ModeS code, using the D008.dat file as a lookup.

I suppose you could add additional entries into the D008.dat file for this specific aircraft, but the country flag is meant to represent the country of the ModeS code.

Bell 407

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 01:49:51 PM »
Tnx Tarbat,

I thought as much - I suppose it will stay that way until the South African company operating the aircraft actually changes the ModeS from the UK to the SA code in the aircraft.

Cheers,

Bell 407

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 01:59:55 PM »
I suppose one other option is for ARB to create a 2nd column in the ModeS database that is read and used if an entry is in it. This 2nd entry would then be the ModeS used for the My Flights list and would then be used to correct the country of origin flag.

If there is nothing in the 2nd ModeS column then the first ModeS column is used and is the default.