AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Log Grids  (Read 3129 times)

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
My Log Grids
« on: November 17, 2009, 04:55:23 PM »
When I look at the my log grids, the number of aircraft logged decrease each day.  So right now I have 1400 for today, 850 for yesterday.  When I look for data for a day approx a month ago I have only approx 100.  Is this still just showing unique flights/aircraft for that day?

Graham

This is v3.08

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: My Log Grids
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »
Any aircraft seen, say, a month ago will probably have also been seen more recently.  Its a limitation of the logging system that only the MOST RECENT date is stored against each aircraft.

So, once an aircraft has been seen with a later date, it's no longer recorded with the earlier date.  The flights are still there from the earlier date, but the aircraft only has the most recent date.

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 06:01:12 PM »
OK got confused.  AS the daily reporter have changed to include multiple flights of same aircraft I had assumed that the logging system had changed aswell.

Thanks

Graham

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 06:39:50 PM »
Multiple flights ARE included for each aircraft, and are listed at the bottom of the screen for each aircraft.

The limitation is that each AIRCRAFT only has one date saved against it - the last seen date.  It's this date that's used to drive the MyLog screen.

I guess Airnav could change the MyLog screen to search through all the flights for an aircraft, but they've chosen to only use the LAST SEEN DATE instead.  Probably for performance reasons.

Fenris

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 10:18:53 PM »
Er, doesn't MyLog show the flight history, locations, messages received etc? I had not noticed it deleting that information.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 10:28:51 PM »
Er, doesn't MyLog show the flight history, locations, messages received etc? I had not noticed it deleting that information.

Who told you it deleted the information?

Fenris

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 10:34:31 PM »
Well, you said:

"Its a limitation of the logging system that only the MOST RECENT date is stored against each aircraft."

That made me think that you were implying that something that is known is then discarded the next time a given aircraft is seen.