AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: network down  (Read 42582 times)

Yellowshrek

• RadarBox Mid Devon 12NM from EGTE
Re: network down
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2009, 04:15:36 PM »
I have a similar problem to speedbird. I am receiving signals (white light flashing on the box) and aircraft are listed on My Flights but no idents showing on the screen. All aircraft are listed in Mylog. I am assuming it is a network problem.

Shame it is happening today as the Mother-in-Law is coming into Bristol from Toulouse this afternoon and I was hoping to track her flight.

Is is a network problem?
So many trails not enough time!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 04:35:32 PM »
Lack of Network should make no difference to the aircraft picked up by your antenna.  Do you have any map filters in?  What happens when you click the 'Show All' button just below the 'Locate' button?

Are the aircraft in MyFlights showing the Globe symbol in the Tracing columb - to the left of Mode S (if you have Tracking set to show in Preferences>General

The Network is down for me at present, but I still have 19 aircraft in MyFlights and 15 of those are giving position information and are showing on the map.

Typhoon

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »
With the network being down or very intermitent (more off than on), and possibly like this for the next 24 hours or more, all the users that have paid for the live network or 5min delayed coverage, will they be being credited the extra days lost due to the outages? For me, I only subscribe every so often (when funds permit), so Im rather annoyed at the loss of nearly 2 days or more of coverage.

Not sure if anyone else thinks or feels the same way?
Typhoon

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »
I didn't get any money back from BT when my phone line was down for 3 days last week!

Silver Doctor

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2009, 05:23:24 PM »
I suggest you go to the BT forum and sort that one out. Its nothing to do with Airnav. Customers should be given credit when the service they pay for is not being provided. I expect Airnav to do that, otherwise they will have some unhappy customers who won't return or purchase other products off them due to such poor service. By the way, I did manage to get credit from a phone company when my line went down for 2 days so I suggest being a little more forceful with them...or change companies!
Is it a bird, is it a plane...nooooo its the silver doctor!

9thLife

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2009, 06:07:31 PM »
Good to know I can stop rebooting the PC. Central part of California 1800 GMT  11-07-09 still off line.
My eyes and ears; Airnav Radar box, Uniden BCD996T, BC796D, BC250D, BC780HLT, Radio Shack PRO2052, PRO60, ICOM IC4. Ears are always on. Middle of California nearest bases Navy Lemoore and Fresno ANG. Copy heavies to Travis and U2s out of Beale AFB.

John Racars

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2009, 06:50:29 PM »
I didn't get any money back

I didn't get any answer back on an asked question.....Must be verry bizzy overthere with not working network and several problems with the RB software....
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

9thLife

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 11:12:20 PM »
It's back up! Thank you!!!
My eyes and ears; Airnav Radar box, Uniden BCD996T, BC796D, BC250D, BC780HLT, Radio Shack PRO2052, PRO60, ICOM IC4. Ears are always on. Middle of California nearest bases Navy Lemoore and Fresno ANG. Copy heavies to Travis and U2s out of Beale AFB.

dca

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 12:12:34 AM »
I have network back up but its refreshing at 30 sec intervals despite my subscription being for real time.
Is anyone else experiencing the same issue or can AirNav offer an explanation please?
Thanks,
Dave
9 nm south of LGW

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 12:20:20 AM »
dca
if you read back on this thread you will see that Airnav are experiencing server problems, one of the problems of the IT world these days. We need to be a little patient as they seem to be working hard to sort the problems out especially as it is over the weekend.
As I type the server is in and out so I wish them luck it finding a long term solution.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2009, 12:22:50 AM »
Everything is still not 100% yet, please accept our apologies we are working hard to get it sorted out.

There was some corruption in the database and its taking to time to get rid of this.

John,

If you have question please sent it direct the signatures, the forum is not a support forum. We monitor forum and try to reply to posts but its not  guaranteed that we do. Our support system is much more suited to answering questions and track rather than the forum.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

radarspotter10

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2009, 04:52:53 AM »
Everything is still not 100% yet, please accept our apologies we are working hard to get it sorted out.

There was some corruption in the database and its taking to time to get rid of this.

John,

If you have question please sent it direct the signatures, the forum is not a support forum. We monitor forum and try to reply to posts but its not  guaranteed that we do. Our support system is much more suited to answering questions and track rather than the forum.
hi
we understand thanks, it not a perfect world.
from pat

Yellowshrek

• RadarBox Mid Devon 12NM from EGTE
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2009, 08:32:17 AM »
Lack of Network should make no difference to the aircraft picked up by your antenna.  Do you have any map filters in?  What happens when you click the 'Show All' button just below the 'Locate' button?

Are the aircraft in MyFlights showing the Globe symbol in the Tracing columb - to the left of Mode S (if you have Tracking set to show in Preferences>General

The Network is down for me at present, but I still have 19 aircraft in MyFlights and 15 of those are giving position information and are showing on the map.

Many thanks Allocator. Sorry I could not reply earlier but had to go to the airport. I think it was just one of those days when I was not picking up a great deal and it was exaggerated by network being down.

The irony is that Airnav RB is so good that we all feel lost why it does not operate as well as we know it can. I think that is called life. We should not complain when things go wrong but praise when things go right.
So many trails not enough time!

dca

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 11:06:31 AM »
dca
if you read back on this thread you will see that Airnav are experiencing server problems, one of the problems of the IT world these days. We need to be a little patient as they seem to be working hard to sort the problems out especially as it is over the weekend.
As I type the server is in and out so I wish them luck it finding a long term solution.
J.

Jeremy,
I had read through the posts & I do understand- I work in the wonderful world of software myself!
It was merely the fact that I had network back but at 30s refresh rather than 20s & seemingly not real time that I wanted to bring to AirNav's attention.
I also understand from the business I'm in that it can take time to fix, whatever day of the week it is!

Dave
9 nm south of LGW

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2009, 11:32:21 AM »
Dave - I was only trying to help so please do not 'sit' on me! The fact you are well up in these things should point you towards the fact that the old network was a 30 sec refresh rate and it was only realtime that was 20 secs. So there are network troubles. I am sure Airnav will find a fix soon. I am chairman of company that works 24/7 so please do not lecture me either!
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com