anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flags  (Read 4311 times)

BMcL26

Flags
« on: November 01, 2009, 07:17:15 PM »
Just received my Radarbox on Tuesday and got to grips with it running the supplied ver 2.01.  Took the punge and downloaded 3.07 beta yesterday and has run all day yesterday and all day today without any problems and most impressed.  Only using the standard antenna at the moment but set came complete with a Moonraker Radar Rama 1090khz Antenna which I will put in the loft which will increase the height quite considerably, even using the standard antenn from upstais bedroom window I am reachin as far as North Wales from central Scotland so cant't be bad.  only glitch I have found is with the database Russian Aircraft especially Aeroflot dispaly the Bermuda Flag any idea how this can be changed?

BMcL

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Flags
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 07:37:23 PM »
Most of Aeroflot's Western-built planes are registered in Bermuda, hence the flag.

BMcL26

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 08:15:34 PM »
Thanks Tarbat, that does make sense now I know the Bermuda Registrations start with a V but was not sure it was VP.

Pinza

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »
Only using the standard antenna at the moment but set came complete with a Moonraker Radar Rama 1090khz Antenna which I will put in the loft which will increase the height quite considerably

BMcL26 - I'm fairly new here too - running v3.07 Beta in the Midlands with standard antenna (perched outside groundfloor window in a major dip in the landscape!)

Polar diagram punches out as far as NW Wales on a good day.

Would be very interested to hear your (or anyone else's) experiences of installing and using a Moonraker Radar Rama 1090khz Antenna.

I have one cluttering my living room floor - would like to use it to increase my range - but came with no instructions whatsoever!

BMcL26

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 10:30:09 PM »
Pinza

I am waiting on my co-ax and patch cable then it should be an easy job to install in the loft, should be up and running soon and will let you know.  My normal set-up is downstairs with the standard antenna just sitting about 6ft off the deck on top of my desk, getting a fair signal but maily in one direction.  I tried it on a laptop upstairs with the antenna sitting in the widow sill which tripled the distance I could cover.  Where I am located I am at the foot of a range of hills so do not anticipate getting much to the north unless very high altitude.  SFor some reason however my range has increased fairlay markedly by upgrading to 3.07 (including to the north) will keep you posted when I get the twig in the loft.

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 07:44:33 PM »
Downloaded and installed V3.07 and upgraded to V3.08.  In my flights I have flags for all countries apart from UK.

Any ideas how I can correct this?.  Also not getting any pictures, are these connected and again any ideas how to correct?.

Alan
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:47:36 PM by Runway 31 »

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 07:53:38 PM »
Dont know what changed but they are now displaying, could that have been to do with the network as they appear to have come up when the network came back on?.