AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SBS-1 Meter Lite  (Read 25300 times)

bratters

Re: SBS-1 Meter Lite
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 08:02:48 PM »

hi same here i just use it, one of my many pastimes,  i have a ham licence been on the cb since 1976,  have shiplotter software,  have numerous scanners,  radio ham radios, 

Hi Pat -  what's your call sign? I'll keep an ear out for you.

QF1

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 09:37:58 PM »

ps: nearly forgot my new toy,  pure evoke flow, my new internet radio.

Hi Pat

It's a great piece of kit isn't it.  I imported one to Oz about six months ago.  Apart from the huge number of radio stations I have also got a few airports set up to listen to using live.atc.net

Cheers
Mark

radarspotter10

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 10:19:43 PM »

ps: nearly forgot my new toy,  pure evoke flow, my new internet radio.

Hi Pat

It's a great piece of kit isn't it.  I imported one to Oz about six months ago.  Apart from the huge number of radio stations I have also got a few airports set up to listen to using live.atc.net

Cheers
Mark
hi QF1.
I got the battery,  remote control,  speaker,  i love it to bits, what site is the aircraft on, must try it again, never work for me. love the pure sounds, took the radio out to the back yard with the ext speaker,  put on the pig farm, had a good laugh at tom next door trying to look into the back yard.
from pat
PS: let me know how to add airport stations, can not seem to do it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:36:16 PM by radarspotter10 »

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 11:18:59 PM »
Is this a Google translattion?
What is your amateur call Pat?
de J. G4DOQ
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

radarspotter10

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 11:31:31 PM »
Is this a Google translattion?
What is your amateur call Pat?
de J. G4DOQ
why do want to know for news for the house

jannuh

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2009, 08:01:02 AM »
There is a difference between a HAM and a CB'er Pat!

jannuh - PD0SBX

radarspotter10

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2009, 08:46:32 AM »

jannuh - PD0SBX

pm you

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 09:22:36 AM »
Lets keep  it back to the topic. Any infighting between members, whether using signature, images etc.. will mean the posts are removed and if the member does it again he will be banned. Those doing this and have now been warned and notified.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

radarspotter10

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2009, 11:25:55 AM »
Lets keep  it back to the topic. Any infighting between members, whether using signature, images etc.. will mean the posts are removed and if the member does it again he will be banned. Those doing this and have now been warned and notified.
thanks

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2009, 07:50:20 PM »

jannuh - PD0SBX

Hi Jannuh, Pat and Jeremy, I was also one of the original illegal CBers in the early/mid 70s (lost a Midland and a Cobra to the Home Office during raids at Westbury White Horse in Wilts - I was a copper at the time, accept confiscation and a verbal bollicking or dispute in Court!) and actually passed the RAE with distinction in 1993/4 but never bothered to get a licence, as I've never got to grips with Morse and a B-licence didn't really interest me (snob value of the A!).    My point is that CB brought Amateur Radio to the less technically able.

I'm content just to eavesdrop, fiddle and twiddle!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 08:38:40 PM »
I took the RAE when it was a real exam and how i passed it I will never know!
Good luck to you mate! Been out de-clogging recently?
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Fenris

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »
passed the RAE with distinction in 1993/4 but never bothered to get a licence, as I've never got to grips with Morse and a B-licence didn't really interest me (snob value of the A!). 

FYI the morse requirement for HF access was removed in 2003, your RAE pass would entitle you to a full licence I think, I can't see why you would be required to go via the Foundation Licence.

radarspotter10

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 10:13:43 PM »

jannuh - PD0SBX

Hi Jannuh, Pat and Jeremy, I was also one of the original illegal CBers in the early/mid 70s (lost a Midland and a Cobra to the Home Office during raids at Westbury White Horse in Wilts - I was a copper at the time, accept confiscation and a verbal bollicking or dispute in Court!) and actually passed the RAE with distinction in 1993/4 but never bothered to get a licence, as I've never got to grips with Morse and a B-licence didn't really interest me (snob value of the A!).    My point is that CB brought Amateur Radio to the less technically able.

I'm content just to eavesdrop, fiddle and twiddle!
pm you

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 10:46:23 PM »
Hi Jeremy, when did the RAE become a not "real" exam.?   It was still G**** callsigns when I did it.

Hi Brian, thanks for that.   I was aware, but I wanted to do it with Morse, but just wasn't able to find the time and commitment to finish it - I do have a very nice 20yrs old home assembled Morse key (Kent? possibly).    May have to go for it as a retirement project........................
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 10:58:22 PM »
Ah well! I took my exam when it was a written paper in 1974. None of the tick box stuff! Sorry. I am winding you up! As I said, if i had to take the new exam I would probably fail it except i have 35 years of experience in 'playing radio'! I have tried to re-learn CW and have some fun getting my speed back up. As a trained musician I ought to be able to do it but I still struggle. All part of the fun of the hobby! It does help when dealing with antennae for RB and this great fun box.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com