AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SBS-1 Meter Lite  (Read 25292 times)

radarspotter10

Re: SBS-1 Meter Lite
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »
Didn't work for me at all I'm running 3.0.6 could that be the reason?
hi storm.
 thanks for the reply, driving me mad.
from pat

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 10:31:37 AM »
Hi Pat. Got it to work. Open the config file FIRST (SBS-1 Meter config settings) then you may close it after that. Then click ont he S in the program click Edit then Save without changing anyhting in there (I checked the Record Log dont know if that make a difference) Now click the R in the Start. Let me know if that helps.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:35:56 AM by Storm »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 10:35:58 AM »
Make sure you turn on the log BEFORE you press start on SBSMeter. The log file will be created in the same directory as SBSMeter.

Once some data has been written to the log file (may take 5 minutes), start the Chart program and point it to the log file.

If you are running SBSMeter from the Desktop, then the log files will be on the desktop.

radarspotter10

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 10:42:18 AM »
Hi Pat. Got it to work. Open the config file FIRST (SBS-1 Meter config settings) then you may close it after that. Then click ont he S in the program click Edit then Save without changing anyhting in there (I checked the Record Log dont know if that make a difference) Now click the R in the Start. Let me know if that helps.
no still no good, small window comes up wrong port or bs not running
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:56:30 AM by radarspotter10 »

jannuh

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 12:40:49 PM »
Btw the sbs-meter program has to run, the sbs-chart can always be switched on later, it reads data from the date-time.sbs file, made by the sbs-meter program.

Even better not to run the sbs-chart always as it uses a lot of memory.

Tramline

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 01:14:47 PM »
Can someone advise a technically challenged RB user, what is the point of this application?  What does it really show and what can be gleaned from it?
Thanks
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

jannuh

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 01:19:19 PM »
From a newbie in RB:
it's a nice gimmick when testing antenna/RB/connections.
You can read more differences from the msg. counter then from the Polar Diagram.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 03:59:29 PM »
Just remember also, that this add-on is designed for the SBS-1 and not for RB.  The fact that it does run with RB is a bonus.  Any technical questions should be directed to the author - who is not a member of this forum.

radarspotter10

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 04:11:01 PM »
Just remember also, that this add-on is designed for the SBS-1 and not for RB.  The fact that it does run with RB is a bonus.  Any technical questions should be directed to the author - who is not a member of this forum.
hi Allocator.
I am not taking digs at anybody,  but airnav is a complete unit,  while the opposition unit has to many add-on,  and there every chance of a virus getting on your computer, with these add-on.  it was one of main reasons i choose airnav, maybe i am wrong or just careful.
from pat in rainy derry ireland

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
OK Pat, all noted.  I just wanted to remind people before they started having a go at AirNav because this add-on wasn't working for them :-)

Although RB has just about everything built-in, I still like the idea of using the data from the ports.  Not much development has taken place as the need just isn't the same as for the SBS-1.  And I'm not clever enough to do anything with the port data!

radarspotter10

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 04:53:50 PM »
OK Pat, all noted.  I just wanted to remind people before they started having a go at AirNav because this add-on wasn't working for them :-)

Although RB has just about everything built-in, I still like the idea of using the data from the ports.  Not much development has taken place as the need just isn't the same as for the SBS-1.  And I'm not clever enough to do anything with the port data!
hi Allocator
hi same here i just use it, one of my many pastimes,  i have a ham licence been on the cb since 1976,  have shiplotter software,  have numerous scanners,  radio ham radios,  my main scanner is the pcr 1000,  love decoding anything to do with radios  so i have little time to my self.
all the best pat
ps: nearly forgot my new toy,  pure evoke flow, my new internet radio.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:57:38 PM by radarspotter10 »

jannuh

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 05:57:06 PM »
I am not taking digs at anybody,  but airnav is a complete unit,  while the opposition unit has to many add-on,  and there every chance of a virus getting on your computer, with these add-on. 
So You have almost nothing on yr PC as Windows and RB, because of the virus thread??
Throw off that paranoia mask..  ;-)

OKC-Steve

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 06:13:26 PM »
Try not to put stuff under "Program Files" as it will end-up in the virtual store (with Vista).  Make a new C: directory like C:\meter and put the two files in there.

radarspotter10

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 06:15:07 PM »
I am not taking digs at anybody,  but airnav is a complete unit,  while the opposition unit has to many add-on,  and there every chance of a virus getting on your computer, with these add-on. 
So You have almost nothing on yr PC as Windows and RB, because of the virus thread??
Throw off that paranoia mask..  ;-)

hi jannuh.
I have more than you will ever comprehend on my three PC, i am just saying you can not be to careful with free add-ons from the internet,  and everybody has there own opinion like myself.
and you.
My paranoia mask stays on,  thanks for sending it,  anyway its near Halloween it will come in handy.
have a good night from pat.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 07:57:26 PM »
i am just saying you can not be to careful with free add-ons from the internet

No, what you said was "there is every chance of a virus getting on your computer, with these [SBS] add-ons"

That's not the same thing at all.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour