anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ryanair Flight mix-up in log  (Read 10975 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Ryanair Flight mix-up in log
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »
Cutting edge software is always evolving - V2.01 is ancient in the overall scheme of things and there has been a lot on learning along the way.

You can install the full version of Beta V3.07 and leave V2.01 completely unaffected, as the installation goes into a new directory.  Then you can run whichever version you like, then go back to the old version - without uninstalling anything :-)

NickJackson

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 09:21:24 PM »
I may do that Allocator, but I was hoping to wait for the official release (i.e. post beta phase).

I know you say 2.01 is ancient but I bought it less than 2 weeks ago, paid quite a lot of money for it and it would be nice to have the major bugs fixed. We all know software can be a nuisance at times but to have the only standard report in such a poor state is not a good reflection on AirNav.   Where's the professional standards?   

I'm not getting at you but I'm disappointed with the fundamental robustness of the product, while accepting that much of the functionality is good.

Thanks for your assistance anyway.

Nick

Fenris

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 10:48:04 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion but,

in all professional IT packages I've encountered through work you would expect the current official release (I assume 2.01) to be properly fixed.  I wouldn't expect users to take a beta version, which by definition isn't fully tested and released, to fix an official release version.

I'm not saying it wouldn't do the trick, but it's a strange way to run a support operation.

Well the simple answer is that what is now 3.0x actually began life as 2.1x, so I would not worry too much about installing the beta version.

As Allocator says, you can install both versions and use whichever one you find works best for you. My own opinion is that while 3.07 is not bug free, it has fewer bugs than 2.01. There are a couple of annoying ones, although not everyone sees them, and I think that Airnav are pretty close to finding and fixing them.