AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing  (Read 40949 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 08:53:56 PM »
But press the wrong button and it could be chaos.

But which button? ;)

I've tried filters, sorting, scrolling, network on/off, etc. and can't make it misbehave.  There's got to be a common theme running through these problems.

bratters

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »
Well firstly Tarbat, do you have trouble with the vertical scroll bar? For me (and others I think) the cursor on the vertical scroll bar is ALWAYS in the centre. You can move it with the mouse but it always springs back to the middle. If your scroll bar behaves normally, then this faulty scroll bar may provide the first clue as to what's wrong for us.

Secondly, the easiest way for me to disable the program is to click on Distance NM and sort into ascending altitude. Then I just leave it for half an hour and the prog. goes bananas on its own and without any further action on my part.

It's as simple as that.

John

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 09:12:01 PM »
The vertical scroll bar has nothing to do with it. It has always been like that since version 1. Its not something which can be fixed easily (or at all) with the current code.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 09:18:32 PM »

Secondly, the easiest way for me to disable the program is to click on Distance NM and sort into ascending altitude. Then I just leave it for half an hour and the prog. goes bananas on its own and without any further action on my part.

It's as simple as that.

John

Tried that - works fine, no problems at all.

bratters

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 09:22:29 PM »
Thanks for that Airnav. Can't say I'd noticed it on previous versions but I'm looking closely for anything that might provide a clue at the moment.

At least it gets one suspect out of the way.

bratters

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 09:37:12 PM »
Allocator - it's a mystery and no mistake.

I've tried re-installing. I've re-downloaded and tried again. I've deleted all Airnav progs. and started from scratch but the result is always the same. The only thing I haven't done is tried updating the original, but I prefer complete programs to updates.

Somebody will find the answer I have no doubt.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 09:38:52 PM »
Well firstly Tarbat, do you have trouble with the vertical scroll bar? For me (and others I think) the cursor on the vertical scroll bar is ALWAYS in the centre.

That's how the vertical scroll-bar has always behaved, at least as far back as v1.4.

Fenris

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 10:08:22 PM »
It's certainly unstable and I'm very surprised that the beta testers didn't pick anything up. Does that indicate that it's down to individual PC's?

It must be down to individual setups.  I've run dozens of ANRB v3.xx beta versions, and NEVER saw this problem.  Maybe it's down to the number of aircraft being received?  I'm in a low traffic area, typically less than 40 aircraft in the list.

As I say, I've never had a problem with duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing.  And I was VERY thorough during beta testing, leaving the system running many days without problems.

With one exception, 3.06 has run without problems for 12-18 hours, but again I have a poor location and it is unusual for My Flights to contain more than 15 aircraft. I am not seeing any freezes, but I have had one instance of the hardware disconnecting.

The scroll bar/aircraft selection bug is new to 3.06, so I think that somehow a bug has crept into that part of the program. I had never seen a highlighted aircraft unhighlight unless it had timed out before, but now it happens every time I select something on the map.

Fenris

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 10:14:45 PM »

A few reports from aircrew to engineers:

Ah, you missed out my favourite!

Problem report: Marker receiver volume unbelievably loud.
Engineer action: Volume reduced to more believable level.

Fenris

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 10:20:04 PM »
The vertical scroll bar has nothing to do with it. It has always been like that since version 1. Its not something which can be fixed easily (or at all) with the current code.

Hmm, well I have to say I had not noticed, but then I have made much more use of the network in 3.06 (because for me it's the first version I've had where the network has been reliable) and so I am now scrolling through a list of up to 1000 aircraft.

Personally I find the behaviour of the scroll bar difficult to get used to, normally its position and size relative to the window gives a cue as to where you are and how far you have scrolled. I thought that the library code that creates it does it automatically from the container and list of entries in it.

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 10:48:14 PM »
Airnav have already recognised that if you sort by Altitude that there is a problem. It certainly happens here every time so not sure why Allocator does not see this problem.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »
Airnav have already recognised that if you sort by Altitude that there is a problem. It certainly happens here every time so not sure why Allocator does not see this problem.

Not just Allocator.  I always sort MyFlights by altitude, and have never seen the problem either.

Maybe there's some interaction here with the columns displayed as well that's causing the problems?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 10:52:06 PM »
Jeremy 

It is NOT happening for everyone. The whole beta test team, us included and majority of those using the beta are not having this issue which has confused us. We are trying to find the exact cause.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2009, 10:55:19 PM »
Excellent and good luck.
If it helps - if you re-sort by Flight ID it all runs OK from then onwards.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

DazrahT

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2009, 11:10:11 PM »
You've got it in one!

A few reports from aircrew to engineers:

<Removed all the reasons to save a bit of forum space!>

From my railway environment, there is one I laughed at when I heard it:

Repair book: Knocking noise when running over 70 mph plus
Depot staff: Tested on depot, no fault found.

Lol, well of course not! You're not going to get to over 70 mph on a depot!

Not only the railway industry confined to a little sarcasm in the repair books/reports then, lol
In the middle of EGBE and EGBB